MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! New to the community so forgive me if this is a topic covered previously but has anyone considered swapping a F3 or Brutale motor into their Turismo? I'd like a little more sport in my sport touring bike.

·
Registered
424 Posts
might be easier just swopping the ecu ? If one looks at engine part numbers all the engines seem to share the same components (i stand to be corrected)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It could be done fairly easily. I say fairly easily tempered with the assumption that if your asking the question, you also have the means to complete such a project.

F3 engines are cable clutch operated instead of hydraulic. There are little differences between mounting of the quick shifter and brackets etc. They are also higher revving and the head internals are different (cams,springs, etc)

You would be much better off buying a spare TV engine. Build it with upgraded parts and then swap it when you have it completed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yancy

·
Old Wing Nut
22,680 Posts
Welcome to the family @Yancy !! Where are you in these United States?
If you want more "sport" in your TV I would suggest getting the usual full exhaust system, intake system aftermarket parts and a proper ECU mapping to suit.
Would be a lot simpler and less expensive.

Reactions: Yancy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It could be done fairly easily. I say fairly easily tempered with the assumption that if your asking the question, you also have the means to complete such a project.

F3 engines are cable clutch operated instead of hydraulic. There are little differences between mounting of the quick shifter and brackets etc. They are also higher revving and the head internals are different (cams,springs, etc)

You would be much better off buying a spare TV engine. Build it with upgraded parts and then swap it when you have it completed.

Building a spare TV motor with upgraded parts and swaping that in does sound like a better idea. Or just upgrading the motor I have without a swap over the winter. Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you want more "sport" in your TV I would suggest getting the usual full exhaust system, intake system aftermarket parts and a proper ECU mapping to suit.
I'm in Albuquerque N.M. All the upgrades you listed will part of the build with or without swap or other engine mods. Might call it quits there but I tend to have a hard time resisting the urge to tinker with things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
might be easier just swopping the ecu ? If one looks at engine part numbers all the engines seem to share the same components (i stand to be corrected)
I think there are internal differences particularly in the top of the motor but maybe just switching heads and ecu plus an exhaust. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2017 Brutale America, 2021 Superveloce Oro, 2019 Turismo Veloce, 2021 Multistrada V4
54 Posts
Does someone here have a good list of upgrades? I’m coming off of a Multistrada and like the TV but would like more power. If it had my Superveloce engine and exhaust I think it would be perfect.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Add an oil less turbo, forged lower compression pistons and a powercomander. That would be somewhat less invasive. Search around the forum. There was a guy who put a considerable amount of miles on his bike that did the same thing with perfect reliability.

Or just wait for the updated TV that has the bigger 900+cc engine to be revealed here very soon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts