MV Agusta Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,878 Posts
That’s the level you’ll get back to correct, after the fire rebuild? Good looking bike!

·
Registered
MV Agusta F4 2006 & Ducati 916 & Monster 1200r
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Yes, it wont be as nice as the F4 but I will try to make it as good as possible 😊

·
Premium Member
2,878 Posts
Bit by bit you’ll surely bring it back. Your F4 project is stellar. 👍👍

·
Registered
364 Posts
The 916 is looking good!
Have you seen this yet...
I watched all episodes, informative.

Reactions: EBBO

·
Premium Member
2,878 Posts
That’s the before. Rehab is in the works. Fire victim.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Thanks 😊 Now Im wating for the painter to finish the gas tank för the 916.
Same painter that helped med with the F4, he did a great job before so I hope it will be better than new 🙂

·
Registered
207 Posts
welcome JP, some nice bikes you have here! I have seen some 916s and 748s going up in flames, those after markets air filters are shit.

or lets rephrase it, the combination of excessive filter oil, shower injectors and that these ladies like to fire into the airbox if not perfectly clocked...not worth the money

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Ok, so maybe its a good idea to switch back to original filters?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
welcome JP, some nice bikes you have here! I have seen some 916s and 748s going up in flames, those after markets air filters are shit.

or lets rephrase it, the combination of excessive filter oil, shower injectors and that these ladies like to fire into the airbox if not perfectly clocked...not worth the money
After reading this I decided to go back to the original filters. 👍 replaced it today 🙂

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
207 Posts
well, not sure how much you have done on your 916 and how much experience you have maintaining it. its a hell of a bike if regularly maintained and the set up is done correctly :giggle: one of the best V2s to push around corners to my knowledge. I would recommend to clock the engine once properly, check the rockers (coating of the opener and closer) and the cam shafts too. The valve clearance is very important, its more crucial so keep that in mind if you do the clearance checks, if you go to wide you will lose power and she will run like a bag of sh... if you go to tight the closer shim clips will break or the cams will be damaged. The clutch likes it open, depending on your ride style ...but either you clean the dust out every now and then or fit an open cover. I would not use any oil thinner than 15w, unless you ride that thing under 0deg C. I think thats all, I love my Duc, thats one of the most reliable bike I ever had (not my 1st Duc tho)....troubles are usually caused by bad mechanics....:confused:

enjoy, I guess right now far to cold for that thing

·
Premium Member
2,878 Posts
Is that one belt?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
well, not sure how much you have done on your 916 and how much experience you have maintaining it. its a hell of a bike if regularly maintained and the set up is done correctly :giggle: one of the best V2s to push around corners to my knowledge. I would recommend to clock the engine once properly, check the rockers (coating of the opener and closer) and the cam shafts too. The valve clearance is very important, its more crucial so keep that in mind if you do the clearance checks, if you go to wide you will lose power and she will run like a bag of sh... if you go to tight the closer shim clips will break or the cams will be damaged. The clutch likes it open, depending on your ride style ...but either you clean the dust out every now and then or fit an open cover. I would not use any oil thinner than 15w, unless you ride that thing under 0deg C. I think thats all, I love my Duc, thats one of the most reliable bike I ever had (not my 1st Duc tho)....troubles are usually caused by bad mechanics....:confused:

enjoy, I guess right now far to cold for that thing
Thank you very much for the advice 😊

The engine has been rebuilt with new bearings, and the previous owner change the scims with some "expensive ones ordered from the states", dont now what they are but it haset run many km after that.

It do perform very well and seems healthy so I think I can ride this summer as well before checking the valves (maybe it will go max 1000 km one summer). I have only driven it 100km so far. Will look into the clutch dust, havent looked there before 👍

41 - 59 of 59 Posts