MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got a 2015 Brutale 800 RR and the bike is leaking fuel from the overflow onto the floor. This seems to stop after a certain amount leaks (i.e. the level in the tank is under a certain level). I don't think I am overfilling the tank, I leave a decent amount of clearance when filling between the level of the filling hole and the fuel. What do you guys think is going on? Is there a crack in the tank or rupture in the pipes leading to the tank?

·
Super Moderator
22,611 Posts
This is not a new problem. Ethanol deranged the plastic on the early B3 bikes. The lines are compromised in the tank. Seek replacement from MV under Emissions Warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. How should I go about contacting MV Agusta. I’ve used the contact form on their website. Should I call my local dealer also?

·
Administrator
20,343 Posts
Welcome to the family !! Where are you in the USA?
Yes, contact your dealer. Advise them you have a fuel tank leaking gasoline from the drain. Advise them you know this is possibly covered by the Federal Emissions Warranty (5 years or 18641 miles, whichever comes first).
Regardless, it is a fire and safety hazard and MV should be very interested in helping you correct it.

A search in this forum will reveal this as a known problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts