MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owner says it's a 2012 Brutale R. On the tank it says R Corsa. I have never heard of this model. I thought the Corsa started in 2013. Attached is a photo. Appreciate your expertise on this.
IMG954129.jpg

·
Super Moderator
23,565 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,565 Posts

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
The 1090 Corsa was a 2014 model year in US. There was a 2012 1090 R in Red but it did not have a "R Corsa" sticker like in your picture. It appears that the word 'Corsa' was added.

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Wing Nut
21,595 Posts
Welcome to the family @Robert Schrum !! Where do you ride this "rare" Brutale? Not many corners to carve there in Iowa ......
By the way, nice bike to have . ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wondered about the Corsa being added. Thanks for the replies. This is just one I was checking out. Sold my F4, just can't do the clip ons anymore, so am thinking about a Brutale. Have a Tuono, Mg Griso, and a 1098 streefighter s, so a Brutale would round out my herd. Many rivers here in Iowa and along every one is a nice winding 2 lane hard surface road.
Best Regards,
Bob..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Have a Tuono, Mg Griso, and a 1098 streefighter s, so a Brutale would round out my herd.
I moved my 1090RR to make room for a 1098 SFS. Loved the smoothness of the Brutale and its definitely a better choice for daily urban riding but for hooligan blast through the back roads the SFS is my choice. Though I can't say I wish I had them both.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This one is a 3500 mile bike, but it was driveway dropped. My only concern is the chip on the tank. Not sure if my paint guy would be up to the task. The spectrophotometer technology has come a long way for the color match. Do you know if it is base, clear coat? Picture attached.
IMG954141002.jpg

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thats into the base. To do it properly (no refinish hard lines) will require tank removal and disassembly and new decals. The base doesnt need to go over the entire tank, good painter should be able to blend it within the panel, but the tank should be cleared completely.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It’s a 1090r

The corsa have specials parts and separate seat for driver and passenger. And also have a grey engine

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I recall reading a magazine road test several years ago where they compared the 1090 R with the RR. Basically the R was quicker from around 0-90 mph because the RR was designed for greater upper rev range power, and the R had more usable power in the lower-mid part of the range. But after 90mph the RR pulled away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have heard the same thing, and the corsa is even more high strung. Btw, he wants 6k for it.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
There was a 2012 Brutale RR that was for sale on FB Marketplace in NY, and as of yesterday the seller was asking $6K, stating he only got a $5.1K trade-in offer. I think it had under 3000 miles. I can't find it now so perhaps it sold

·
Wing Nut
21,595 Posts
You got a damn good price !!!

·
Super Moderator
2,752 Posts
That's a great buy Bob, with so few km's on it please do hub/fluid etc. checks - it does sound like it's been sitting around and not ridden.

Congrats on joining the Brutale club !

·
Super Moderator
2,752 Posts
Is the hub an issue on the gen 2's? I am familiar with it from my 05 F4.
The Hub's on the Gen-2's were redesigned and allow for better drainage and include a different bearing configuration - so far better than the Gen-1's but they still require Servicing (clean and re-grease). The issue has been with owner's who haven't serviced them which has lead to a bearing collapse.

·
Wing Nut
21,595 Posts
And those who like high pressure water to wash their bikes !!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is the hub an issue on the gen 2's? I am familiar with it from my 05 F4.
no issue on hub for new gen,but you can have issue with the sprocket carrier and particularely with the space beetween the hub and sprocket carrier you can upgrade with the 1st gen sprocket carrier or with BDS complete sprocket carrier or just the bds spacer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts