MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just bought my first MV, which is something I never thought I'd say. I always admired the F4 750 and its successors, but I always assumed they were all racy sport bikes and I was looking for something comfortable with luggage. When I first saw a pic of the TV, it was love at first sight! Reading further, it seemed like the best of all worlds, offering most of the utility and comfort of something like a Multistrada or R1200 GS while still being light and fun.

I live in San Francisco and most of my riding is to get from A to B, but there are some good twisty roads in the area so there's also plenty of fun to be had! I don't take long rides very often, but it seems like the TV will be a great machine to do them on.

I've been riding motorcycles for about 2 years and scooters for a few years before that, and this will be my first bike with over 100 HP. My previous was a Yamaha FZ6R, and then I rented about 6 or 7 different bikes from Eaglerider to figure out what I wanted. The FZ6R was a great first bike, and very underrated, but it just wasn't the right bike for me. It never seemed to fit me right, and it always seemed weirdly heavy for its svelte 470 lbs. As much as I liked the Yamaha, I didn't love it, and I never bothered to wash it or clean the chain. I just wanted it to be a reliable commuter, and never shed any tears when it got damaged or when I ultimately sold it. With the MV, on the other hand, leaving her dirty would seem immoral and dropping or crashing her would feel like throwing a bucket of paint on the Mona Lisa.

This forum has already been helpful in teaching me about the common issues and helping me make the decision to buy, and I thank everyone here for being such a good resource!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase. I also recently bought a 2016 TV and and getting used to it, but instantly loved the looks. Have found the forum a great help too.
Happy safe riding.

·
Registered
Turismo Veloce 800 2019, DR-Z400SM, VanVan RV125
22 Posts
Snap - just bought my first MV today - also a TV.
Congratulations on the new bike :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the bike back from the shop today with a new clutch switch. The extended warranty from Western Service Contract paid for everything and I no longer need to feather the clutch so gingerly that I get passed by bicyclists when starting out. The clutch lever action still feels a lot less forgiving than the old Yamaha FZ6R, but I expected that and it doesn’t bother me so far.

When I discovered that I couldn’t ride through the clutch switch problem without constant risk of being rear-ended, I wondered whether I had made the right decision to buy the bike. But now that it’s fixed, I found myself with a wide grin on the way home. I’m looking forward to the first proper ride of about 300 miles round-trip this weekend, assuming the sunny forecast holds.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Have fun and welcome, love me TV.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I never got to take the proper ride. Just a half block from getting on the freeway, I got rear-ended by someone who was trying to blow through the red light before the cross-traffic could get off the line. I never even saw (or heard) it coming, but my airbag jacket and gear did its job and I was able to get up and walk away with only a few achy spots that will hopefully go away soon (if not, I’ll have to arrange a check-up).

The bike doesn’t look all that bad cosmetically, but I had to push it to the nearest shop because it wouldn’t grab first gear. I’m crossing my fingers that it can be fixed and returned to me, but my gut says they’re going to write it off. Things could have gone infinitely worse, but it would have been nice to have actually ridden the thing before some moron obliterated it.

·
Super Moderator
22,842 Posts
Well THAT sucks. Glad you are ok.

Reactions: flynnstigator

·
Registered
Turismo Veloce 800 2019, DR-Z400SM, VanVan RV125
22 Posts
Oh noooo. Really sorry about the bike. 😢 That's got to be about the shortest love affair on record.
Sure hope the aches and pains go away quickly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts