MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my F4 1000. Turns over, doesn't start. Almost acts like it would be a faulty key and is triggering the immobolizer. BUT, it does not ask for a code/pin and the dash starts up and allows you to cycle through options. Fan doesn't start. Fuel pump DOES engage. Where should I start? Could it still be the immobolizer?

Thank you!

·
Wing Nut
21,732 Posts
Welcome to the family @Ashyeager503 !! Where are you in these United States?
It is not the immobilizer or the starter wouldn't turn, fuel pump wouldn't prime.
Have you gotten your workshop manual yet?
One thing that will not throw any fault code, since it isn't measured by any sensor, is fuel delivery. Perhaps your fuel pump hose has come loose from the pump inside the tank? Worth inspecting. Although not common on the second generation F4 it is quite common of first gen bikes.

·
Super Moderator
23,738 Posts
Fans won't come on until the engine temp demands them.
I'm with Ed above. I believe it is a fuel delivery problem.
The fuel pump discharge hose popping off was largely solved with the 2010 and on bikes as their tubing is different.

·
Wing Nut
21,732 Posts
And how many miles on this bike??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it is any kind if fuel delivery. I could be wrong though. But, it's not lacking correct pressure and movement.

·
Super Moderator
23,738 Posts
I don't think it is any kind if fuel delivery. I could be wrong though. But, it's not lacking correct pressure and movement.

How do you know? What have you checked?

·
Super Moderator
23,738 Posts
If you haven't gotten inside there yet, here is what you are looking for:
The system has a single fuel outlet with dual injectors.
Pressure is relieved back to the tank via a pressure regulator set to 3 bar (~45 psi)
The hose is now a corrugated plastic inside the tank and isn't as subject to ethanol degradation as a First Gen Bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts