MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.
Had quite a shock last week.Woke up one morning to discover i was 50!! (Oh the shame!)
In order to take my mind off my advancing years,my very wonderfull wife is letting me swap my RSV FACTORY for a new F41000s!
But now i have a happy problem.....As in i do not know which colour to get.My local dealer has both "traditional" red over silver and a very "stunning" silver over blue.I have ordered the bike but told him i will confirm the colour choice on Monday.
The silver over blue appeals but would it be better regarding resale (a very long time away i must add) and spares to stick with the traditional colours.

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
Johns6809 said:
Hello All.
Had quite a shock last week.Woke up one morning to discover i was 50!! (Oh the shame!)
In order to take my mind off my advancing years,my very wonderfull wife is letting me swap my RSV FACTORY for a new F41000s!
But now i have a happy problem.....As in i do not know which colour to get.My local dealer has both "traditional" red over silver and a very "stunning" silver over blue.I have ordered the bike but told him i will confirm the colour choice on Monday.
The silver over blue appeals but would it be better regarding resale (a very long time away i must add) and spares to stick with the traditional colours.
Welcome Johns6809!!
My opinion for the colour.In Italy,You know there are so much Mv,red and silver are so much,blu and silver is more rare...
But in this weeks Luca Scassa go fast in Italian and world Superstock with R versin red and silver....
Both are fantastic,my opinion is to take your favourite color..
Pier :loser:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Welcome and congrats with your upcoming bike.
Ehm... I chose the silver/blue one :guitarist

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
MV's always raced in red and silver so IMHO it's the only colour! In fact, it was only in the last few years of racing that the Count even allowed any advertising to spoil the colours!

·
Registered
456 Posts
The silver and blue looks fantastic :yo: They had both the red and silver and blue and silver side by side at the Cycle World show and I have to admit, my eyes kept going to the blue and silver. Although like every one has said, they are both extremely beautiful bikes. Can't go wrong :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I will cast a vote for the classic red/silver. 50 may actually call for a Senna :ahhh:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
between those 2 colors I will go with red/silver... but do what your heart wants, resale value? how dare you even think about that?!?!?! j/k:D

I seriously doubt the color scheme matters to the buyers, but I remember in one of the thread a while back there were more traditionalist here liking the red/silver than hte silver/blue.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah matte black gets my vote too. Out of the two on offer I think for me it would come down to flipping a coin.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Johns6809, welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase.

I can now understand the difficulty in this decision (despite leaning towards agreeing with FullTwist...also welcome) as until last week I would have said the red/silver hands down but I spent the best part of a day waiting at the bike shop for them to do what should have been a 1-2hr job..."we are having a little problem but it should only be another half hour to 45mins" anyway six and a half hours later I found myself still there and really admiring the silver/blue. Don't know if I would take it over the red/silver but glad I now don't have to make that choice but nice problem to have.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
For me.....red/silver. Maybe because that is the first color MV I ever saw and thought damn! :shocker: what is that? :hitit: It's the most appealing to me . Still trying to decide between the red/silver and the R though :king:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I think the red and silver just stands out so much in the crowd and people walk backwards across the street to view mine as I go by, I don't think you'll get the same acknowledgement with a blue and silver one!

It's a famous colour tradition/combination and people recognize it even before they confirm it an MV. Honda have a couple that trick me at times, I think MV should have exclusive rights to the colour combination of red/silver!

RED/SILVER EVERYTIME FOR ME!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Darkside said:
For me.....red/silver. Maybe because that is the first color MV I ever saw and thought damn! :shocker: what is that? :hitit: It's the most appealing to me . Still trying to decide between the red/silver and the R though :king:
Get the red/silver R. :smoking:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi and welcome; this old walnut rears it's head from time to time. It's your bike so it's obviously your choice, there's no right or wrong. Me: I'm a trad. Red/Silver man, but what the hell 'go with your hearts choice' and congrats on the half century too. I've got two and a half years to go before I hit the big five ohh!! :drummer:

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
hi
i had the same dilema when getting mine
i prefered the blue n silver
best to see the blue in the sunlight pure sex in my opion (easily pleased me )
definatly go with your heart on this one m8
red is lovely to
resale not really a problem just trade it in when you get your next new bike
if you bought a red one your gonna go i still love that blue one
either way its an mv looks stunning in the garage and will then give you tent pole in your trousers cause its the colour you like
i look at mine while i'm havin a fag and still can't believe i own one

so enjoy it

·
Registered
301 Posts
Johns6809 said:
RED & SILVER - or just toss a coin :)

Hope your wife realises what she's done..... mine agreed to me buying my MV when I was 51 (well, I told her I was going to do it.... and she didn't object too loudly). Two years later we are getting divorced. I got my MV, she's got her toy boy (and BMW convertible) - everyone is happy. :) :flickoff: :flickoff:

Hey, what can yous say, now I really can grow old disgracefully :jsm:

Doc

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all for the advice,eventually decided on red/silver.Also considered a new "R" but that was going to cost another £2000.To be honest i think the "S" is plenty more than enough! and if anything is better looking!(To me at least).
Cannot wait for the first of september.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts