MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same thing here. Bought a beautiful (pre owned with 900 miles) 2021 SV with all the Serio Oro Upgrades. I assumed it was the E5 version with all the upgrades - and as mine came with the racing package, it has the Arrow 2 + 1 exhaust pipes which are the same for Euro4 as for Euro5 models so I could not tell the difference. About a week after the purchase I got very dissapointed when I checked the stamp in the frame with the date of Manufacture as 10/2020, and then learned I had the older version after digging through the forums....
Anyways, I will not track the bike so I do not mind the launch control, wheelie control, etc. The only upgrade I would like to have is the improved heavy duty clutch basket. But I love the bike, its looks are awesome, and it rides and sounds like a race bike. Plus I got a nice price discount. So I decided forget about the upgrades and enjoy it. It is one of the most beautiful bikes out there. Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You guys have all overlooked the fact that...for years now...the USA gets "New Models" a year after the rest of the world. My 2008 910R is a 2007 everywhere else. My 2004 SPR 750 is listed as a 2003 in most of the rest of the world.
The VIN is stamped at the factory for the country the bike is being imported to. The VIN determines the year model of the bike, regardless of what magazines, advertisements or anything else may say.
"Specifications subject to change without notice"
In the USA, we get last years bikes this year....and they are this years bikes here in the USA.
You got a USA spec 2021.
Exactly! However, when they said these upgrades came in the 21' models I assumed they meant US 2021 models, although manufactured in late 2020.

·
Old Wing Nut
25,215 Posts
Welcome to the family @Juanpa !! Where are you in these United States?
Please post the last nine digits of your VIN number...that will tell us what year model you have.
The upgraded clutch baskets came long before your SV was built, so you can stop worrying about that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts