MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I'm waiting for my Brutale to arrive (it's on backorder at the dealer). I've been reading/visiting this site for weeks and have been hesitant to post anything because 1. I don't even have an MV Agusta yet and 2. it didn't seem polite to make suggestions without knowing the forum.

I've been riding for 22 years, all v-twin, air-cooled machines. You can guess the rest. The last bike was, what I thought at the time, a great concept saddled with a lousy engine. The website www.badweatherbikers.com had a very straightforward, easy-to-use forum that I very much liked. It's not as visually elegant as this one but the posting, responding and researching threads was easier to do. I would like to suggest a simpler format because that aids in retrieving information. I hope this doesn't offend anyone. The other forum, like this one, has the best information on bike care, maintenance and camaraderie.

The dealer, as smarmy as he was, stated as I was paying for the motorcycle, "You're finally stepping up." No. I'm leaping up.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi Metallo and welcome to mvagusta.net. :) Many of the guys here know I have a soft spot for Buells. I didn't think the engines were lousy, they just ran out of puff too soon by modern standards IMO. Anyhow, enjoy your Brutale, I look forward to hearing your views on riding an in-line 4 after all those years on twins.

PS I would have another Buell tomorrow if I could afford it, along with a Brutale myself, F41000R, Veltro, 998SPS etc.etc. :blah: :blah:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the Brutale, I have been waiting for my F4 Senna 1000 since last Dec., so please don't worry about making suggestions as a MVless newbie member, most of members here are not MV owners, including the admin! this is a forum for all MV enthusiast.

Please keep us updated about the delivery of your bike and be sure to post some pics and watch out for admin's :stickpoke for registry submission.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Hello,

I understand what you have been saying. Although not visually as appealing, I am sure the forum you have mentioned may be more straightforward in the posting area. I suppose when things get too advanced, or filled with neat gadgets and features, it gets more complicated to operate. I have always battled the lines between user friendly and advanced, and have plans to make at least some of the neat features on this site (ie gallery) easier to use.

I have tried to alleviate the difficulties by making myself available to any member that needed help. Either through e-mail ([email protected]) or simply by private messaging me. I will do my best to assist anyone with this website.

I hope many members who are hesitant to join in will ask me questions if he/she are unsure of how to post and such. Nobody here will critique you at all! We are all here to help.

As some know, I myself do not have an MV (yet). This is actually my pet website that I have fallen deeply in love with. I am a bit on the younger end of the spectrum, finishing up studies. Although I may not make as much as some here doing freelance work and such, I hope to realize my MV dream, soon. A task that requires a lot of commitment, and hard work

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
admin said:
Hello,

I understand what you have been saying. Although not visually as appealing, I am sure the forum you have mentioned may be more straightforward in the posting area. I suppose when things get too advanced, or filled with neat gadgets and features, it gets more complicated to operate. I have always battled the lines between user friendly and advanced, and have plans to make at least some of the neat features on this site (ie gallery) easier to use.

I have tried to alleviate the difficulties by making myself available to any member that needed help. Either through e-mail ([email protected]) or simply by private messaging me. I will do my best to assist anyone with this website.

I hope many members who are hesitant to join in will ask me questions if he/she are unsure of how to post and such. Nobody here will critique you at all! We are all here to help.

As some know, I myself do not have an MV (yet). This is actually my pet website that I have fallen deeply in love with. I am a bit on the younger end of the spectrum, finishing up studies. Although I may not make as much as some here doing freelance work and such, I hope to realize my MV dream, soon. A task that requires a lot of commitment, and hard work
Compliments Alvin,
Compliments for your work study,
Compliments for your MV passion,
Compliments because you have realized so beautiful forum.
And.....Compliments!
pigiolino :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts