MV Agusta Forum banner

What to do?

• Wait for resolution ?

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Dont wait, sell the bike and change Brand?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Confront MV Agusta (Italy again?)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Confront MV Agusta (Portugal Representetive again?)

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My name is Nuno Ferreira, I'm from Portugal and I am a very sad owner of an MV Agusta Turismo Veloce (2016).
I registered on this fórum to find out if I'm the only one with problems.
I will describe and to try and find out solutions for them.
My TV was bought brand new in 23/02/2016 and since them, several problems have been happening.
They all started 08/03/2016 and never stopped since:
- Titl Sensor Problem (1x)
- Problems with Quick-Shift (more than 1x)
- Problems with the Clutch Sensor: I still have faults appearing in the Dashboard from time to time and when they happen, the quick.shift stops working. (lost the number of times this happens)
- Problems with the Trottle grip (2x)
- Finally and the most serious of all, I was without brakes (front and back) in full transit on the 23/08/2017. I had to cal Traveling Assistance to take the motorcycle to the workshop, witch is currently under review and analysis.

Having said that, HAS ANYONE had so many problems with your MV Agusta and how can I resolve mine. I should mention that I contacted MVAgusta in Italy and they reponded to my e-mail saying that they would redirect my problems to the representive in Portugal (where I bought my bike) and I am until today without my problems resolved, and still without my bike.

Should I consider leaving the brand ? Is the problem with my MV Agusta representetive here in Portugal ?! What can I do ?:frown2:

Please help me!!!:crying:

My best regards

·
Super Moderator
22,849 Posts
Welcome...that's one hell of a first post.
Others will be along to help.
Yes, others have similar issues and they have been resolved.
Check in the TV specific section of the forum; BUT...you must post three times here before you can post elsewhere.

Reactions: nghferreira

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've had issues with my F4 over the last few years but not quite as many as you. The tilt sensor, rear master cylinder and a few other bits were done under warranty and some other bits declined.

Recently the ABS light has started coming on and a quick run on the dyno confirmed my view that there was a problem with the fuelling (which I am yet to get to the bottom of).

You are still under warranty and my suggestion is that you bombard your local dealership and anyone at MV Agusta whose contact details you can find until they rectify but if you were in the UK I'd be suggesting that you had a good case for giving the thing back and getting a refund.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just speculation but, Sounds to me like there is an electrical fault somewhere, ie loose earth high resistance joint in a connector. If it were me and still under warranty I would send it back to the suppling dealer.
If no warranty then I would start at the ECU and check and clean every electrical connection and inspect the wiring loom.
The thing I have found out with my Mv is that it is very sensitive to electrical voltage/resistance and if it's not happy will throw up all sorts of unrelated errors.

Best of luck

·
Administrator
20,755 Posts
Welcome to the family here at MV.Net...shame you have had so many (unrelated it seems) problems. As stated above, these problems sound like all are related to poor connections, voltage drops.....Except the brakes thing!!!

Are you saying both front and rear brakes quit working??? Or was it just a warning that ABS was malfunctioning?

Even when ABS warning is illuminated the brakes should still work as normal, just no ABS.

How's the battery? Crappy OEM batteries can cause a lot of faults as they degrade. Low amperage circuits common on all modern bikes do not like low voltage.

Reactions: nghferreira

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
esq'z me, Hi, and Thanks for the reply...

Both brakes stopped working, ABS was enabled, and there was no Warning of failure whatsoever. I turned off the bike and on again, it went through the verifications with all being OK, but still, no brakes.

The battery is the original, and the bike runs every day from home/work and on the weekends I ride her everywhere... the voltage is OK if I connect it to the charger that comes with the Bike it’s all good.

They say they can’t find any problems with the Brake Pomp or other parts of the bike and are trying to figure out how I came to be without Brakes like that...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just speculation but, Sounds to me like there is an electrical fault somewhere, ie loose earth high resistance joint in a connector. If it were me and still under warranty I would send it back to the suppling dealer.
If no warranty then I would start at the ECU and check and clean every electrical connection and inspect the wiring loom.
The thing I have found out with my Mv is that it is very sensitive to electrical voltage/resistance and if it's not happy will throw up all sorts of unrelated errors.

Best of luck
Hi Dudman,

Thanks for the reply, I Just sent that info to the mecanic... you never know and its better something than nothing...

My best regards,

·
Administrator
20,755 Posts
Very strange, this no brakes thing.

You are saying the lever and pedal had no pressure ???? Meaning lever would pull to the grip with no resistance? Or the lever and pedal felt normal but the brake calipers did not apply pressure to the pads against the rotors?

It is a simple hydraulic system (except for ABS pump) exactly the same as virtually every bike on the planet. As long as there is no fluid leaking or mechanical damage it should work. Were the brakes still non-functional when delivered to the shop?

Hydraulic brakes do not just stop working one moment and then start working the next. Because it is a primary safety system, the brakes are one of the most carefully engineered and assembled systems on any production vehicle. Checked and tested and checked again at time of manufacture.

What exactly happened and what were you doing when the brakes quit working and you loaded it up for transport to the shop?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Nuno

I´m from portugal as well, been visiting this forum for the last month (thinking on buying a dragster rr) but the problems i see people having is making me having cold feet.

Hope you problems get solved.
Best Regards

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very strange, this no brakes thing.

You are saying the lever and pedal had no pressure ???? Meaning lever would pull to the grip with no resistance? Or the lever and pedal felt normal but the brake calipers did not apply pressure to the pads against the rotors?

It is a simple hydraulic system (except for ABS pump) exactly the same as virtually every bike on the planet. As long as there is no fluid leaking or mechanical damage it should work. Were the brakes still non-functional when delivered to the shop?

Hydraulic brakes do not just stop working one moment and then start working the next. Because it is a primary safety system, the brakes are one of the most carefully engineered and assembled systems on any production vehicle. Checked and tested and checked again at time of manufacture.

What exactly happened and what were you doing when the brakes quit working and you loaded it up for transport to the shop?
I mean the lever and pedal lost all pressure... I was going to work on a high traffic road approaching a round abound with a red light going like 50/60km filtering traffic… when I wanted to stop on my first grip, the lever went almost to the grip and the bike kept going, when I tried the second time it went ALL the WAY to the grip, and them I tried the pedal and nothing, I kind of panicked and luckily a car driver noticed and stopped to let me pass and over into the sidewalk as I tried to stop the bike with my feet at the same time I honked the people to get out of the way…
The Mechanic is saying that the pump is mechanic but commanded by a electrical signal. He suspects the problem might be on the pump, but at the same time he doesn't understand why the brakes stopped working all together... He is waiting for MV Agusta engineers to say what to do...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Nuno

I´m from portugal as well, been visiting this forum for the last month (thinking on buying a dragster rr) but the problems i see people having is making me having cold feet.

Hope you problems get solved.
Best Regards
Hi João,

I'm not saying not to buy... I fucking love, my bike, but in Portugal, we only have 1 importer/dealer. So if you do have problems, you only can rely on that one place...
There are lots of people that have MV's and don't complain and have problems. But if happen to become one that does, just be conscious that you may not like the times of resolution from Italy, My bike has been on the workshop for a hole month now…
Fucking miss my ride, have been going to work on public transports… not funny…

·
Administrator
20,755 Posts
@nghferreira.... I can understand the technician's confusion. ABS system fail safe default is normal brakes. Did the lever pressure ever return? Or did it arrive at the shop still with no brakes? And you say there was no ABS warning light? Very strange indeed.

Please do let us know what is found. I should think MV Factory would be extremely interested as this is a potential devastating liability issue. And if it is a system failure of the ABS it could potentially affect every MV made using that ABS pump.

The ABS system on your bike is essentially the same type device and technology used on all cars and bikes so equipped. Extremely well vetted over the past couple of decades. It must be, as it is a primary safety system.

·
Super Moderator
22,849 Posts
In these systems, if the master cylinders do not have the ability to transmit pressure to the slaves, then there must be a fluid bypass path or a fluid leak.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In these systems, if the master cylinders do not have the ability to transmit pressure to the slaves, then there must be a fluid bypass path or a fluid leak.
Hi SilentService703,

It's not a fluid leak, he traced all the tubes and nothing was found, the fluid levels are ok.

·
Super Moderator
22,849 Posts
Then there is an open fluid bypass path within the system that isn't specific to either front or rear brake. Those systems should be entirely separate.

The only pace they touch is in the ABS unit. This is very troubling.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@nghferreira.... I can understand the technician's confusion. ABS system fail safe default is normal brakes. Did the lever pressure ever return? Or did it arrive at the shop still with no brakes? And you say there was no ABS warning light? Very strange indeed.

Please do let us know what is found. I should think MV Factory would be extremely interested as this is a potential devastating liability issue. And if it is a system failure of the ABS it could potentially affect every MV made using that ABS pump.

The ABS system on your bike is essentially the same type device and technology used on all cars and bikes so equipped. Extremely well vetted over the past couple of decades. It must be, as it is a primary safety system.
Hi esq'z me,

Once again thanks for all your feedback...

That was what the mechanic said, it was not supposed to have lost brakes, after several tests he noticed that the pressure returns to the lever if you turn off the bike and pump 4x or 5x on the lever with it turned off, but you turn the bike on again and ride it, after a while you can’t brake again... the pressure is gone again. He plugged the bike to a laptop and noticed several systems "offline" he was only able to turn on communication again with a factory reset. The bike now seems to be OK regarding the brakes.
The thing now is, how to prevent it from happening again?! He is waiting for a formal answer from the MV Agusta engineers, since nobody has found the culprit that originated the problem and caused several systems to become “offline” and made the bike go without brakes.
There is also the part about lost of confidence on this bike, mine and the mechanic's, because every time he went to test the bike, he was scared as fuck even though everything seems fine, and I share the same preoccupation, I don't know if I can ride it again like I was used to, since they can't assure me, yet, what caused it and that it will not happen again...

my best regards,

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sorry but this is seriously f...d up! I would insist in trading this bike for a new one. I think all brands have more or less problems, it's just a matter how well they handle it in afterservice. That's when you get or lose a customer.

My experience is that my dealer is very happy to help but he is unable to do things in "normal" time period because Italians are very slow with spare parts and reactions. This should improve from this year but it will take time I am afraid.

My friend wanted to buy a TV (like mine) but he was afraid to purchase MV because it's not a mass production and he was afraid what will be later if problems arise. He bought a Ducati Multistrada 950 and has been in service 10 times in first 3 months and had to wait for guarantee parts and in the end he had to force them take the bike back and give him a new one. All kinds of problems but mostly with gears and shifter. So I hope you could do the same. Talk to a lawyer and read on customer rights in EU. I would not give up on MV, just insist in a new bike.
Good luck and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Response to issues

Hi everyone,

My name is Nuno Ferreira, I'm from Portugal and I am a very sad owner of an MV Agusta Turismo Veloce (2016).
I registered on this fórum to find out if I'm the only one with problems.
I will describe and to try and find out solutions for them.
My TV was bought brand new in 23/02/2016 and since them, several problems have been happening.
They all started 08/03/2016 and never stopped since:
- Titl Sensor Problem (1x)
- Problems with Quick-Shift (more than 1x)
- Problems with the Clutch Sensor: I still have faults appearing in the Dashboard from time to time and when they happen, the quick.shift stops working. (lost the number of times this happens)
- Problems with the Trottle grip (2x)
- Finally and the most serious of all, I was without brakes (front and back) in full transit on the 23/08/2017. I had to cal Traveling Assistance to take the motorcycle to the workshop, witch is currently under review and analysis.

Having said that, HAS ANYONE had so many problems with your MV Agusta and how can I resolve mine. I should mention that I contacted MVAgusta in Italy and they reponded to my e-mail saying that they would redirect my problems to the representive in Portugal (where I bought my bike) and I am until today without my problems resolved, and still without my bike.

Should I consider leaving the brand ? Is the problem with my MV Agusta representetive here in Portugal ?! What can I do ?:frown2:

Please help me!!!:crying:

My best regards
I have had many ERRORS come up, never a problem with brakes or the throttle. 6,000 miles on TVL
Lean sensor
Yaw Sensor
Clutch Sensor
Shut down warning
Can't remember the others.

When these errors show up, the electronics such as ABS, QS will not work and shows the error on the dash. Shut down and restart they clear from dash.....
ALL errors come when temp has exceeded 3/4's of the temp gauge. I avoid low speed riding in traffic/town when it's warm. Never an issue when I'm riding the open road, even a spirited pace.

I had the latest update to ECU performed by dealer, but errors persist. Living with it until my warranty come close next May. Than will take to dealer again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry but this is seriously f...d up! I would insist in trading this bike for a new one. I think all brands have more or less problems, it's just a matter how well they handle it in afterservice. That's when you get or lose a customer.

My experience is that my dealer is very happy to help but he is unable to do things in "normal" time period because Italians are very slow with spare parts and reactions. This should improve from this year but it will take time I am afraid.

My friend wanted to buy a TV (like mine) but he was afraid to purchase MV because it's not a mass production and he was afraid what will be later if problems arise. He bought a Ducati Multistrada 950 and has been in service 10 times in first 3 months and had to wait for guarantee parts and in the end he had to force them take the bike back and give him a new one. All kinds of problems but mostly with gears and shifter. So I hope you could do the same. Talk to a lawyer and read on customer rights in EU. I would not give up on MV, just insist in a new bike.
Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Hi Marko G.

Thanks for the post.

Yes, I think that will be my next course of action... 1 month without my bike is taking a big toll on my life.
I really need to commute with my bike from work to my home in order to take my car and go get my children at school, and this last month I had to ask for help to my in-laws because I was unable to.
I can’t afford to take my car to work due to the lack of parking and the few that exists are all payed and it’s not cheap…

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Franka65,

I know your pain... got them all too and it happens to me as well on traffic the temp goes up and most of the times it gives me the clutch sensor error and the yellow engine light lights up too, that then disables my quick-shift. What I do is when I stop on a red light, I turn off my bike and on again, the error clears, and I got my quick-shift back on...

One time I was pissed off because I was going to overtake a car and I got that shit error and lost my quick-shift, but I didn't notice on the dashboard, during the overtake I had to almost red-line the bike trying to up a gear when I realized what happened...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts