MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I'm a newbee here and also of MV, there is a B675(2014) that I'd like to buy, the owner obviously didn't take it carefully and it looks dirty and ugly, but it's MV! so I tried it several rounds and here are a few serious issues:

The quick shift is a new one which was replaced recently, working somehow not very smooth, especially from first gear to second gear, sometimes cannot change the gear, the owner said he didn't notice that and believed it worked well. I tried it again and turn the quick shift off, and it worked smooth! I don't know why, is this normal?

The bike will go left by itself when my hands leave the handbar. I noticed the right shock absorber leaking oil very very slightly, and there is a little bit scratch on its back, which looks a little piece of metal like a little fingernail was missing by hit, so is this the reason of going left? the absorber is not the original, it is goldplate MARZOCCHI, I guess it is from MV800.

Is these problems serious? Is that hard to be repaired? Is the bike worth to take? I hope to have you guys opinions. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
You should have a shop diagnose the problems and give you a PPI if your serious about buying it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
the handling will be compromised but I doubt she will go hard left or right (slightly yes, depending a lot on the bike set up), on one of my bikes the left was leaking for a good 6 months during the high season but the bike was running perfectly straight. I would take it also to a dealer if you are not experienced and let the owner explain why it comes with a different fork.
if its a damn good deal and you have no time, ride it again and let someone drive/ride behind you to check if the wheels are more or less in line. look out for signs that could come from a crash, steering limiters damaged, steering head bearings, rimes etc....keep in mind to overhaul a fork can be very expensive too.

mjvduc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the handling will be compromised but I doubt she will go hard left or right (slightly yes, depending a lot on the bike set up), on one of my bikes the left was leaking for a good 6 months during the high season but the bike was running perfectly straight. I would take it also to a dealer if you are not experienced and let the owner explain why it comes with a different fork.
if its a damn good deal and you have no time, ride it again and let someone drive/ride behind you to check if the wheels are more or less in line. look out for signs that could come from a crash, steering limiters damaged, steering head bearings, rimes etc....keep in mind to overhaul a fork can be very expensive too.

mjvduc
Hi Mjvduc, thank you for your kind advice.

If leaking of the fork isn't the reason of going left, the problem turns to be more complex. I've checked the steering head and limiters too, it's very dirty with greasy dirt all over, but in general it was good and seems no signs of crash, of course I'm not professinal, and maybe it was repaired, so I could be missing some points, if there had been a crash and the frame had been hurt, it would be very bad thing.

And here is the thing, there is a Benelli tre899k(2015), which is in quite good condition, modifed with Brembo levers, hydraulic clutch, ABS etc. only 6000KM in mileage, for comparison, the MV675 has been ridden for 21,000KM, and the condition as I've mentioned is of more uncertainty, which cost more 2000USD than the 899k, this makes me more struggling, yes I love MV, but you know....

Which one should I choose? any advice?

Here are some photos of it, yes the tank was replaced with a F3 model once, but was recovered now. Notice the right tube of fork, there is a little piece of missing metal on the back of tube at one third place from base.

Look at the pictures and maybe you will find something interesting

·
Super Moderator
24,557 Posts
If the bike is fading left, there is a misalignment in the steering or frame. With the tank and forks replaced, I'd suspect the bike had been crashed.

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Old Wing Nut
22,956 Posts
Welcome to the family @MOTO33 !!!
From what you are saying it sounds this bike has had a hard life and may have been crashed. Bent frame could make the bike veer to one side when the handlebars are released, but so could worn tires and even the road you are riding on (crowning for water drainage).
Quick sifters are really designed for race track wide open throttle full load shifts...it is NOT an automatic clutch thing. Best to just use the clutch unless you are riding hard and at full throttle. Use a very firm pressure on the shift lever from your foot.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Mjvduc, thank you for your kind advice.

If leaking of the fork isn't the reason of going left, the problem turns to be more complex. I've checked the steering head and limiters too, it's very dirty with greasy dirt all over, but in general it was good and seems no signs of crash, of course I'm not professinal, and maybe it was repaired, so I could be missing some points, if there had been a crash and the frame had been hurt, it would be very bad thing.

And here is the thing, there is a Benelli tre899k(2015), which is in quite good condition, modifed with Brembo levers, hydraulic clutch, ABS etc. only 6000KM in mileage, for comparison, the MV675 has been ridden for 21,000KM, and the condition as I've mentioned is of more uncertainty, which cost more 2000USD than the 899k, this makes me more struggling, yes I love MV, but you know....

Which one should I choose? any advice?

Here are some photos of it, yes the tank was replaced with a F3 model once, but was recovered now. Notice the right tube of fork, there is a little piece of missing metal on the back of tube at one third place from base.

Look at the pictures and maybe you will find something interesting
personally, if the MV is around 3k USD I would possible consider buying it. HOWEVER, there are some red flags already if I read the pictures correctly. The RH handlebar weight is missing, the rear brake lever is self made or somehow badly fixed, the RH frame slider is not the same as on the left side and I also think the rear fairings dont fit perfectly for some reason.....

add on, that "fork chip" or missing metal is the least of your problems if you buy that thing. it could come from a mechanic not able to control his tools ;-) and does not affect the road worthiness of this bike.

to me, it sounds the Benelli is the better choice

brgds

mjvduc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why would you consider buying a bike that's not been looked after well, has obvious issues and doesn't even ride straight?
Emmm, it's really hard to find a MV around here, I've been looking for years then met this one at reasonable price, it's cheap and somehow in usable condition, but I'm not sure if the issues could turn to be a big problem.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Goes left by itself? Probably one of the new MV Agusta NASCAR Editions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Welcome to the family @MOTO33 !!!
From what you are saying it sounds this bike has had a hard life and may have been crashed. Bent frame could make the bike veer to one side when the handlebars are released, but so could worn tires and even the road you are riding on (crowning for water drainage).
Quick sifters are really designed for race track wide open throttle full load shifts...it is NOT an automatic clutch thing. Best to just use the clutch unless you are riding hard and at full throttle. Use a very firm pressure on the shift lever from your foot.
Thank you very much!

Just as you said I'm always believe the quick shifter is kind of an AUTOMATIC CLUTCH, That's a big mistake! After your words I learned from WIKI how QS works. Now I believe the shift issue on the bike could be from a bad tuning of cut timing, and the gearbox itself should be good, cause it works well when I turned off the QS. So I hope the shift issue could be fixed by a professional tuning, even if there is no way to fix it then I could turn it off and use the clutch only just as you said.

Then, the veer issue turns to be the point, if the problem comes from leaking oil of right tube as I pointed, I could change to a new-second-hand set, it's about 500USD here. But if not, the frame could have been bent by crash, that could be tragedy that I have no way to fix.

Oh yes, the fork is from a MV800, so it is adjustable, is it a possibility that the veer issue due to wrong setting of fork? cause I remember when I ride on the bike the fork go down unnaturally a distance just as a dropping, the feeling seems the fork has a little space with no support.

Is there anyway to decide the veer issue comes from leaking of fork or bent frame? thank you!

BTW, in my view riders here around me always believe the QS is a NORMAL thing and use it daily riding. I'd like to introduce your opinion to save our gearboxes. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Yeah, I'm not good at English, is that a joke? ;-)
Yes, my apologies. NASCAR is a type of US car racing that is conducted almost exclusively on oval shaped tracks, and thus the cars only make left turns. For those of us who are primarily fans of road course racing, we make fun of NASCAR.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
personally, if the MV is around 3k USD I would possible consider buying it. HOWEVER, there are some red flags already if I read the pictures correctly. The RH handlebar weight is missing, the rear brake lever is self made or somehow badly fixed, the RH frame slider is not the same as on the left side and I also think the rear fairings dont fit perfectly for some reason.....

add on, that "fork chip" or missing metal is the least of your problems if you buy that thing. it could come from a mechanic not able to control his tools ;-) and does not affect the road worthiness of this bike.

to me, it sounds the Benelli is the better choice

brgds

mjvduc
Hi Mjvduc,
You don't believe this, the bike costs 10K USD, and this is a very rare price here in second-hand market, usually an old MV675 or MV800 in decent condition costs 20K USD here at least, a new basic edition MV800 now costs 30K USD, same as a BMW 1serie.

Yes the weights are not original, an replacement, the levers, oilcans, mirrors too.

Acturally I don't really care how it looks but the performance of riding must be in good condition and safe. If the leaking of fork cause to veer issue I could try to fix it by replacing the fork, but if the frame was bent, I have to pass it. The point is how to decide whether frame bent or just a bad fork.

The fork is from a MV800 so it is adjustable, is it possible that the fork in wrong settings due to veer problem?

And the missing piece of metal, yes it's funny, don't know how it was hit on the back, scratches from crash should be at side or in front right? anyway, it doesn't matter, maybe the mechanic was drunk ;-)

Yes, the Benelli looks really good, and cheap too, I will try it tomorrow, Maybe bring her home ;-) Then I have to wait for another MV a long time.....and it's sad😢

Best wishes

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, my apologies. NASCAR is a type of US car racing that is conducted almost exclusively on oval shaped tracks, and thus the cars only make left turns. For those of us who are primarily fans of road course racing, we make fun of NASCAR.
Haha, that's a good one, much fun!
I could be crazy too if I was the bike. ;-)

·
Registered
F4 312r
296 Posts
Emmm, it's really hard to find a MV around here, I've been looking for years then met this one at reasonable price, it's cheap and somehow in usable condition, but I'm not sure if the issues could turn to be a big problem.
A bike turning left by itself has already a big issue. Just my humble opinion.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts