MV Agusta Forum banner

New Member Looking at 2004 F4 750 SR

11K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  silentservice703 
#1 ·
Hi all!!! I am a new member looking at an SR version and I wondered if you guys could give me some insight into this model as I don't know much about the SR's? Things like did it come standard with RG3 exhaust, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Going between a standard one and this one.

John

#3 ·
do you mean an SPR? There was no R or SR in 2004.

If it is and SPR, look in the registry and see if it is there, you might find some history about it. Check the MV Agusta website for the differences between the S and the SPR.

Welcome aboard.

#7 ·
Hi john,
i have a 2004 750sr.These were originaly supposed to be the ago.But ago changed his mind when he knew mv were going to bring out the 1000,he decided to make the ago a 1000 not a 750.So mv released the 750 sr during 04.These were not advertised as they were on the market the same year as the spr,and mv did not want to cut into the sales of the spr.The difference between the evo 3 and sr are:Sr came out with same spec spr engine and gearbox,but standard front forks,no carbon fibre,traditional red/silver livery,signed ago dash,gold coloured pipes(standard),silver heel plates, exhaust guard.These were the same price as evo 3 with the the same performance of the spr, and last 750 f4 750 produced.This was the best bang for your buck mv has made so far.Mv dont call this a limited edition(it should be the final edition f4 750) but only 300 or so were made,only 20 came to Australia.Cheers

#9 ·
Hi john,
i have a 2004 750sr.These were originaly supposed to be the ago.But ago changed his mind when he knew mv were going to bring out the 1000,he decided to make the ago a 1000 not a 750.So mv released the 750 sr during 04.These were not advertised as they were on the market the same year as the spr,and mv did not want to cut into the sales of the spr.The difference between the evo 3 and sr are:Sr came out with same spec spr engine and gearbox,but standard front forks,no carbon fibre,traditional red/silver livery,signed ago dash,gold coloured pipes(standard),silver heel plates, exhaust guard.These were the same price as evo 3 with the the same performance of the spr, and last 750 f4 750 produced.This was the best bang for your buck mv has made so far.Mv dont call this a limited edition(it should be the final edition f4 750) but only 300 or so were made,only 20 came to Australia.Cheers
Thanks! Untill right now I had never even heard of this model. I LIKE IT!!

#10 ·
Nice one...thats what I have heard. If you look on ebay there is one for sale which I am buying. It had RG3 exhaust which came with it. I look forward to picking it up on Saturday. I have been after an MV for many years but couldnt bring myself to buy one. I think it and the Benelli Tornado LE are the most beautiful bikes ever produced. I have an LE now and want the MV to join it in the stable.

#14 · (Edited)
Another one of these popped up on eBay. Seller claims it is the only one registered in the US. Being sold by a Kia dealer in Central Florida.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311127158720?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

There is only one in the Registry in the US, also in Central Florida, so likely this is it. http://registry.mvagusta.net/profile/4426/f4-750-sr/

From Wikipedia:

F4 750 SPR and SR
The F4 750 SPR was released in 2004 and was intended to be the final evolution on the F4 750 platform. It had an improved 146 hp (109 kW)[citation needed] engine, (13,900 rpm redline, polished ports, HC pistons) matte grey race livery, some carbon fiber bodywork (front fender, chain guards, air ducts covers) and Marzzochi 50 mm forks. The F4 750 SR was released after the SPR, and used the same frame an F4S (Showa forks, no carbon parts) but the same engine of SPR version. Both the SPR and SR were limited production runs of 300 bikes and had a top speed estimated at 180+ mph @ 13,900, and a quarter mile time of 10.4 @ 139 mph.[citation needed] The SR was released in the traditional red/silver livery of MV with a color coordinated red front fender and a bronze Arrow exhaust system. It also has a white gauge face, different from the standard yellow, which displays Agostini's signature in red. It also has the signature silver star rims and SR plate placed on the steering head.

#15 ·
Someone needs to buy this bike........this bike will only appreciate.

#21 ·
To get back on topic...someone on this forum bought this SR...say hi!

#23 ·
I guess we'll have to move this to the Other Marques section.....

#25 ·
The F4 750 SPR was released in 2004 and was intended to be the final evolution on the F4 750 platform. It had an improved 146 hp (109 kW)[citation needed] engine, (13,900 rpm redline, polished ports, HC pistons) matte grey race livery, some carbon fiber bodywork (front fender, chain guards, air ducts covers) and Marzzochi 50 mm forks. The F4 750 SR was released after the SPR, and used the same frame an F4S (Showa forks, no carbon parts) but the same engine of SPR version. Both the SPR and SR were limited production runs of 300 bikes and had a top speed estimated at 180+ mph @ 13,900, and a quarter mile time of 10.4 @ 139 mph.[citation needed] The SR was released in the traditional red/silver livery of MV with a color coordinated red front fender and a bronze Arrow exhaust system. It also has a white gauge face, different from the standard yellow, which displays Agostini's signature in red. It also has the signature silver star rims and SR plate placed on the steering head.

Regards

Steve

#28 · (Edited)
:)

So I am 85-90% sure that this bike, which is now in my possession, came from Red Dog Motorcycles, in Kent, UK, and is the very same bike that is photographed and featured in this 2004 Motorcycle News write up as mentioned.

I can't find a higher resolution picture of the article and the SR Plaque to compare with, and I don't know how different the engraver marks are on these things, but it's close.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

#29 ·
The SR did not come with RG3 it had spr headers and spr pipes but with golds coloured tips instead of black. Make a great noise without being LOUD! Wish I had kept mine. If you have one I would recommend keeping. They may not officially be a limited edition but they are probably the best value limited edition MV that will ever be..IMHO

Dave

Turismo Veloce and F3 ORO

#30 ·
Ian, doesn't your plaque have a number? ( X / 300 ). Can't remember....anyway, all the original limited edition steering crown plaques have an engravers marque, very small. Yours has one.

#31 ·
The SR's were not numbered overtly Ed.

It does have the marque. Look at the two pics side by side of the SR plaque. Mine is in high resolution. I am trying to tell if it is the exact same plaque and therefore the same bike in the magazine write up. This bike originated from the dealership, Red Dog Motorcycles in Kent England, that lent Motorcycle News the SR for the article and photoshoot above.

I have traced it back to there through the registry posts. The member johnnyrottin was able to import it to Florida a few years later with 2500 miles on the clock.

#32 ·
Wouldn't a VIN search and a call to the paper or dealer help confirm?

#34 ·
Start with the DMV in the area you bought it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.