MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

must be an age thing, just got a new bike for our collection and that thing is really fun. Done only 450km this week, but I am really enjoying the single. I am still running it in, however its a very clean bike and so much fun to ride on our back country roads....

cheers

Mjvduc

Attachments

Reactions: Fatpastyhead

Registered
I really like those and the Svartpilen. There's just something about a lightweight single-cylinder bike that can't be replicated by sport bikes

Registered
I rented one from Eaglerider and agree totally. That 75hp single made me break out in a smile leaving every single stop light!
Took it to Chuckwalla and although it was underpowered for that big track, I still did not care, not one bit, no one was having more fun than I was:) It's still on my list of must-haves. Not to mention the looks馃グ, I just need a bigger garage.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I totally agree, one of my sons is running a Svartpilen 401 and I really liked that too but its a bit under powered for my fat ass. My 701 Enduro comes with the same Engine and after a bit of pimping its good enough to keep up with most of the guys.
I just ordered a kit from badwinners in France and with a bit of luck I will get that single to 80++ hp and the weight should come down to a 152kgs which is plenty.

also got my Ducati back running today, after 6months waiting for some piston rings......:love: nothing beats the sound of a big twin.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sooo my son organized a kit from badwinners and we just fitted all yesterday. Decat, EVAP, O2 sensor removal kit, air filter, deflector, PC and a standard map for that set up. Not usual a friend of French quality 馃ぃ but that kit rocks and the bike really runs better (only slightly louder). They even provided a rig so the lower fairings can be refitted so its not so obvious that there is no cat fitted anymore.... just clocked 980km, so soon the rev limiter will be gone soon....

can take some pictures later, badwinners do some nice kits for some other bikes too....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gents,

so, done 2000km and I am really surprised how much fun it is to ride that thing. Certainly its not a racer, nor touring bike but you can do relaxed 250km (with one fuel stop) without getting crazy. The bike has one big advantage, you dont feel the need to go fast and crazy. I did the 2000km on our country back roads, the bike is so easy to tilt, it just falls into corners and there is enough ground clearance that the pegs dont touch the ground. I managed to get my knee down a couple of times, but that wasnt really my aim. The bike does a good 200km/h, however it runs best at 160. The gear ratio is not to my liking, but thats possible just me. The shocks are fully adjustable, which is required if you come as heavy as me -:).

for guys which look for an inexpensive fun and commuter bike....go for it. We paid 7500 Euro for the bike and the kit from badwinners (decat, power commander, SAS removal kit, air filter, 2 maps) was another 780. The rest can remain stock, the plastic parts are cheap so in case you decide to drop it its an easy repair.

cons, I am 178 and I wish the seat height would be a tick more. vibrations on the handlebars....

thats it...

cheers

mjvduc

Registered
2011 Brutale 1090RR
I rented one from Eaglerider and agree totally. That 75hp single made me break out in a smile leaving every single stop light!
Took it to Chuckwalla and although it was underpowered for that big track, I still did not care, not one bit, no one was having more fun than I was:) It's still on my list of must-haves. Not to mention the looks馃グ, I just need a bigger garage.
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

Here is a pic of the one I rented from Eaglerider Vegas. Spent a day riding around, out to Hoover Dam and to the Valley of Fire. Fun little bike that would get me in trouble in my town.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts