MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- I’m not yet an owner, but getting close. I joined this Forum to learn which MV will be best for me, if any. I’m happy with my BMW R1100S, but it’s 20 years old now, with 90k miles. I’m ready for a change. I just don’t want regrets. If there are other BMW riders out there, would love to hear your experience making the switch, or adding an MV to the stable. Much thanks. -Paul

·
Registered
214 Posts
MV to BMW R9t then back to MV R9t was rock solid but didn't have soul that MV has got!

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Never owned a BMW, but not many regret buying an MV, no matter what model.

Biased? No. I also own 8 Hondas and a Triumph.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Paul, Welcome!

I have a K75s as the original owner. 150,000 miles plus, from here to Alaska TransCanada, north to south, east to Westcoast US, all over Southern France to Italy, in every possible weather condition, from the peaceful eye and storm surges of Hurricane Hugo in The Carolinas (real scary late evac off Topsail Beach, mega sand storm and full tilt thunderstorms out west, to a near-miss tornado in plains of Canada (no really!), triggering an avalanche by a ski resort in the French Alpes-Maritimes, to the total fun of Rome, I've seen some roads! Then the MV... just as exciting without all that drama, without the distance and falling asleep while riding. It's a dualism kind of thing... a German/Italian polarity, in thought and construction and temperament. You will not be bored and you'll rediscover the thrill of riding. Eyes open!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Welcome!

Northern Italian is much more tasty than Bavaria. Grab a limoncello and test ride some bikes.

·
Administrator
18,813 Posts
Welcome to the family @[email protected] !!! Where in the world are you? Please add that information to your profile.

What MV are you looking at and what kind of riding do you do? That info can make a difference in this discussion.

BMW makes a fine bike.....although they do have their problems like any brand can, and maintenance/repairs can be costly.....MV Agusta is similar in those regards.

The one thing you will notice when owning a MV is that you do not see into yourself around every corner or at every gathering...like you do on a BMW.
If you like your individuality you will find the MV to be very satisfying in that regard.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
What MV are you looking at and what kind of riding do you do? That info can make a difference in this discussion.
Or WILL you do?
Back in the day I only saw maybe 3 K75s models at most in any one year no matter where I traveled. Hell, it's lucky anymore to see anyone on a bike at least around here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Was really thinking of getting a BMW R nineT Racer instead of my Brutale.. So glad I didn't get it. Still looking for a used one but the MV is the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi , I had an 1100s bcr and loved it, ive also had five MV's, still have two chalk and cheese to the BM , in fact the F4R I have is the most stable bike ive ever owned no real reliability issues either, preventative maintenance as always is the way to go !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts