MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there Folks

I'm Graham and obviously a new member. You'll have to be gentle with me as I'm new to this forum idea. Anyhow I've joined to pick your collective minds about choosing an MV. Also I hope I'll be able to be a constructive contributor in the future.
I've lusted after an MV since the early 70's and at long last the planets, crystals, deitys, or anything else you choose to believe in have aligned and I'm on the lookout for a brutale.

I can remember wanting a 910R when they were current and then when the 1078RR came out that was me smitten. I've not kept up with the current biking scene so when I stared looking I came across a bewildering array of models and capacity. Here is what I'm after I'd love a 1078RR but the two I've seen for sale are right at the limit of what I can afford, I'd be happy with a 910R or any other model that fits the following criteria, strictly no rider modes, I'm old school and the only rider mode I need is on the end of my right arm, I can live with ABS I can see that coming in handy and I might consider traction control but only if I can turn it off if I don't like it. I appreciate that they are all modern machines and have lots of electronic gismos but I'm allergic to complex electrics and have been known to swear at them.

Bearing all this in mind does anyone have any sensible recommendations.

Thanks in advance
graham

·
Administrator
18,872 Posts
Welcome to the family !!! Just buy one....

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Some test rides, if available locally, should help the decision process.:wink2:

Sure, you'd be riding newer versions with electronics, but the fit and ride would be close enough to the same as the earlier bikes.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome Graham, I think the 800 engine is a bit more user friendly over the 1078rr which I had.

·
Administrator
18,872 Posts
Welcome Graham, I think the 800 engine is a bit more user friendly over the 1078rr which I had.
Read that as "merely fast as opposed to unbelievably fast"... :crazyeyes

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome, love my Dragster RR with the incredible triple engine... go ride a few and find out what turns your crank.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Where in Scotland are you Graham?

head to Cupar Motorcycles they will fix you out with a few test rides on demonstrators

I think you would be very surprised with the performance of the new 800 Brutale, how much are you looking to pay out.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Welcome.

Wouldn’t worry too much about electronic faffage. My 2010 F4 has various modes and tc settings. Never used em once.

Fred
I'm the same. I have a 2018 Fireblade with all the trickery. For me, once it's set, it stays that way!:smile2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello and welcome - I found the MCN bike reviews informative when searching.
But I would say give first consideration to what you want from the bike and especially whether you want to just ride or be a home mechanic.
I personally don't adjust the electronics and the bike is mainly on the settings left by the previous owner.
So just buy one and I'll see you on the road with a big grin 😁, have fun choosing and riding Graham

1 - 12 of 12 Posts