MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to say "hello" to the forum. i just joined. looks like a good site. hope to see some great threads.

as for me, i am not currently an mv owner. but i will be in the future. it's more a question of when, not if.

my present ride is an 03 yamha r6, which i bought for both track and street duty. i've done about 5 track days on the r6, and want to convert it to a full-time track bike.

so, that would leave me without a street ride, and that's what i want the mv for. i really want the f4 1000 s in blue/silver.

does anyone here use an mv f4 as a daily ride? how do you like that?

if anyone see/hears about a good one - used - near so. cal. (irvine), please let me know!

alex

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Daily Driver

I use my MV 1000 as a daily driver when it is a little warmer here in VA and the only thing i would think about is the constant desire of the bike to burn your ass off when you are sitting still. One way to combat that is to use some heat shielding, heat wrap, or do what i did and get it ceramic coated. it makes a big difference when it comes to the heat. Other than that i love it as a daily rider b/c it is funny to see people's reactions to the bike itself. Great all around bike, and as soon as you get one you won't be able to look at your r6 in the same way again. I had a GSXR 600 and i had to sell it b/c all it did was sit and collect dust once i got the MV. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greeneggs&ham said:
I use my MV 1000 as a daily driver when it is a little warmer here in VA and the only thing i would think about is the constant desire of the bike to burn your ass off when you are sitting still. One way to combat that is to use some heat shielding, heat wrap, or do what i did and get it ceramic coated. it makes a big difference when it comes to the heat. Other than that i love it as a daily rider b/c it is funny to see people's reactions to the bike itself. Great all around bike, and as soon as you get one you won't be able to look at your r6 in the same way again. I had a GSXR 600 and i had to sell it b/c all it did was sit and collect dust once i got the MV. Hope this helps.
thanks for the info. i'll have to see how toasty my buns get during my rides. luckily, lane splitting is OK in CA, so i don't have to sit in traffic very long. it's one of the big reasons that i ride!

i can see your point about not riding the '6. but i plan to keep it as a track-only bike. i can see myself taking the f4 to the track, but i don't think i'll be as aggressive with it, since it would cost a little more to fix than the yamaha if i bin it.

alex

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
From a R6 to a MV.... you wont keep the R6 long...not even for track use, after you ride whatever MV you buy, track days on your R6 will be something you wont look forward to, you will just wish you had brought the MV to the track!!

I went from the R1 to an F4 1000, the only thing still annoying me is why did I not do it sooner....

In answer to your question about daily commute, mine is a weekend ride, this by choice, but it certainly would not be my first pick for daily commute if I had to pick, its really designed to ride fast, and really only becomes a beautiful ride once being pushed, but it always looks beautiful no matter the speed!!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
agusta01 said:
From a R6 to a MV.... you wont keep the R6 long...not even for track use, after you ride whatever MV you buy, track days on your R6 will be something you wont look forward to, you will just wish you had brought the MV to the track!!

I went from the R1 to an F4 1000, the only thing still annoying me is why did I not do it sooner....

In answer to your question about daily commute, mine is a weekend ride, this by choice, but it certainly would not be my first pick for daily commute if I had to pick, its really designed to ride fast, and really only becomes a beautiful ride once being pushed, but it always looks beautiful no matter the speed!!
you've got exactly the kind of information i want. i was thinking of the r1, but here in so cal, the r1 is a bellybutton bike (everybody's got one).

how would you compare the r1 and the f4 1000?

alex

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've ridden both the R1 and my F4-1000. The F4 is pure sex. The R1 is pure adrenalin.

Which is faster ? More than likely the R1. The R1 has the common fit and finish of a Japanese bike. Awesome engine, etc.

The F4 is more exclusive, very fast as well and handles like it is on rails.

Both are great bikes but there is nothing like a MV or Duc !

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
I am not sure if other people have had the same experiace with Jap bikes, but they seem to be very soft and wishy washy in terms of the controls, almost like anyone could get out there and ride one, even my grandma. With the MV the controls are very hard and responsive, i remember the first time i rode my MV i stalled it b/c the clutch was so different from my GSXR. For some the user friendly controls and handling of the Jap bikes might be what they are looking for, but i found there is way more pleasure involved in riding my MV b/c of the way everything works together. And yes! it does feel like it is on rails!! :p

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
There are so many subtle (and some not so subtle) differences between the Japanese 1000cc bikes and the MV F4 (taken as read for Duc and other fine Italian machines)

As I said I have been on mosr recently an '05 R1, and as other members have said, anyone can ride very comfortably these bikes, and they are brilliant in what they have been designed to do, however its what they can't do is what you should be looking at!

They can't give you exclusivity, ever.... no matter how many mods you do
They don't make you want to look at your bike all day
They don't supprise you with little design features years after purchase
They can't find the best apex on auto pilot
They don't sound like a hand built Italian motor
They don't have an Italian flag on the side
They only wish they could bulild a frame with so much feedback
They dont make you feel like you are the one...
They dream about the finish on the MV's
(Please feel free to add to the list, I could be here all night!)

They always will be mass produced Japanese bikes...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts