MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own an MV Agusta yet but am fascinated with the F4s. First saw this one about 4 months ago.
I thought 2018 was the last year for the F4 and RCs were 2015-16. Looks like an RC but advertised as an RR for some reason. $42K seems high for an RR, even if it somehow has all the RC parts. Isn't a real RC like $47K msrp? It's a private sale but I think the guy is dreaming. I've purchased a couple motorcycles found on CT from out of state dealerships but nothing over $10K. Very few pics....can anyone tell me what it is or what it is not?

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,355 Posts
If a person is asking this much for a used motorcycle, there should be much more information provided. Give him a call and see what is up. If he purchased all the parts needed to replicate a RC may be he is trying to recoup the cost of everything, but he won't.

·
Wing Nut
21,577 Posts
Welcome to the family @Brian S !! Where are you located in these United States?
The last of the F4 MV bikes are getting quite hard to find. Great bikes and not many of them made.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I don't own an MV Agusta yet but am fascinated with the F4s. First saw this one about 4 months ago. I thought 2018 was the last year for the F4 and RCs were 2015-16. Looks like an RC but advertised as an RR for some reason. $42K seems high for an RR, even if it somehow has all the RC parts. Isn't a real RC like $47K msrp? It's a private sale but I think the guy is dreaming. I've purchased a couple motorcycles found on CT from out of state dealerships but nothing over $10K. Very few pics....can anyone tell me what it is or what it is not?
It is still possible to get new F4s in countries that don't have very strict emission regs, like here in Aust, but I think they are in effect 2016/17 models. Given what is happening with Covid in Europe I would not want to order one though, there was already a long wait and that could now become many years. Or more.

The F4 RC is I think probably the best of the RCs, but really it is an enthusiasts or a collector's bike, as you pay a considerable premium for what is in truth just a bit of flummery.

Bloody hell, $47,000 USD. Unless you like spending money I suggest you go for one of the less expensive models, especially as it will be your first MV. By comparison, there was a 2018 RR below that ad for about $18, in NY I believe. Once you have an MV you will most likely become addicted and then you can buy an RC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I just sent the seller an email asking for more info. I'm located in San Mateo County, CA. I need another motorcycle like I need a hole in the head but I'm kicking myself for not buying an RC I saw less than 6 months ago. I was hoping the price would come down a bit and by the time I inquired it was sold. It may have been sold for a while, it seems like some dealers continue to advertise sold bikes just to make contact and then try to sell something else they have in stock.

By comparison, there was a 2018 RR below that ad for about $18, in NY I believe.
Thanks, that bike is sold already. Any other good sources besides Cycle Trader?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have found that the universe has a way of providing that which I seek. Something usually shows up if you are patient and lucky, and can move quickly if necessary.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I just sent the seller an email asking for more info. I'm located in San Mateo County, CA. I need another motorcycle like I need a hole in the head but I'm kicking myself for not buying an RC I saw less than 6 months ago. I was hoping the price would come down a bit and by the time I inquired it was sold. It may have been sold for a while, it seems like some dealers continue to advertise sold bikes just to make contact and then try to sell something else they have in stock.

Thanks, that bike is sold already. Any other good sources besides Cycle Trader?
2012 F4rr for sale | MV Agusta Forum

The quick or the disappointed rule applies here Brian.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts