MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys? Newbie to the MV world, just sold my 2004 R1 today and ordered the F4 1000s in red. Im looking to do a few mods up front, windscreen, black after market rearsets, exhaust and a few other odds and ends. Do you guys have any online dealers for parts? Any other suggestions or things I need to know once the machine comes in? Any help would be highly appreciated, I did go with the red/silver by the way. Thanks :)

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Welcome and good choice!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I usually change bikes every 2 years, not that its major reason behind it, before I bought the r1 I was looking at the MV, just seemed out of reach, etc. However I still find myself wanting that bike. So a guy made me an offer on my R1, I let him have it for 12k, and didnt look back. So I figure whats sexier than an R1, its the MV all the way, may not be as fast on paper but I really dont care about that. I dont race at all, just a street rider, love the twisties too so I think the MV can give me all of that and then some. Can you tell I wanted an MV, look at the mirrors on the R1, buy the way feel free to tell me what you think about the rest of the bike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
blade007, welcome to the forum. The R1 looks great. I'm not so sure about the R1 being faster on paper or on the track I don't know the bhp figures for the R1 but remrber reading an article where it stated the MV was faster from a standing and rolling start.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
that's a pretty nice looking R1. i'm not a big fan of the "bling" chrome look, but i like what you've done there. btw, those mirrors look like it's from an MV F4.

i think you'll find the mv a bit of a let-down in some area compared to your R1. seat of the pants, you'll probably think your R1 was faster. however, the speed of the MV is very deceptive. you'll be surprised at how fast that thing goes, and it will not feel like it.

you'll probably find the handling of the MV better than the R1, which is a lot to say since the R1 is a great handling bike. the front-end feel of the F4 is second to none.

the brakes, however, will most likely be a big disappointment. the R1 has amazing brakes, stock, while the MV is not exactly setting the world on fire for it's braking performance. there are some things that can be done, depending on how deep your pockets are. if you plan to stay away from the track, you may find the stock brakes on the MV suitable.

congrats on choosing the best looking bike on the planet! and it's a great bike to ride too.

alex

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the friendly welcome guys, I look forward to kicking back and chatting with you all. I've been looking forward to this for some time now

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Don't worry about the figures; the MV is faster. I have a dyno comparison (both stock). Interested?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Welcome to MV Agusta.net. You mentioned changing the exhaust, what are you planning to put on? RG3's, Silmotos. Having ridden a few R1's they are very very good bikes but I think you are going to like the MV more. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts