MV Agusta Forum banner

New Member F4 1000 R 06 Rod bolts

204 Views 9 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Fezza
Hi Everyone, Newbie here. I've got an 06 F4 1000R and i'm trying to get hold of some connecting rod bolts, they are no longer available from MV and i've only managed to get hold of 2 so far. Does anyone know of an alternative or where they are available?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Welcome to the family !! Where are you within the UK ??
I think I have some used rods with bolts in storage somewhere, I can look next week.... Hopefully you can find something new.
Thanks, I'm in Stevenage Hertfordshire. I was hoping to find some new ones as they're stretch bolts. I've tried all the UK dealers and a few abroad with no luck.
The old uk technical advisor for MV told me they were made by Pankl but Pankl seem to think different.
You might contact @misty5 ....he sometimes can get hard to find parts.
The bolts were not made by MV Agusta. They are an off the shelf part from a supplier.
With the dimensions in hand you can probably find some replacements...take the dimensions and talk to Pankl about them...don;t ask for "MV" parts, just rod bolts.
I spoke to Pankl yesterday and they weren't interested in helping. Arp said they might be able to make some at a huge cost.
These are very likely common rod bolts. Measure them and don't mention MV when seeking replacements.
I emailed that company and they said they couldn't get them. I've spoken to MV direct and they told me they're not interested in supplying the part anymore even if I was willing to do a bulk order.
I'm trying to find an alternative but it seems to be an odd size. I can't identify the marking on the head to work out where they came from as it doesn't look like a Pankl marking.
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
I emailed that company and they said they couldn't get them. I've spoken to MV direct and they told me they're not interested in supplying the part anymore even if I was willing to do a bulk order.
I'm trying to find an alternative but it seems to be an odd size. I can't identify the marking on the head to work out where they came from as it doesn't look like a Pankl marking.
I have some of them, if you are not in hurry. How many do you need?
I have some of them, if you are not in hurry. How many do you need?
Brilliant! Ideally I'd like 6 if you have them but any amount helps. Thanks.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts