MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys:

Just reaching out after my first incredible day on my '06 Brutale 910S. I hit the highway, some back roads. The bike looks amazing and the rush it provides is unmatchable.

Waiting a few days before I head up Angeles Crest to the Ranch. Ok. Maybe a day.

Well, if you have any MV newbie advice, please, share it.

And, if you'd like to ride with someone who prefers the twisties to pure speed, PM me. Not that I have anything against speed, I'm just not a hooligan.

I'll post a couple photos of my new bike, if this site let's me -- there are a couple quirks.

-- Tom

·
Registered
657 Posts
Very nice, welcome to the family :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I know there are better places to post this question, but any quick suggestions on how to reduce the "on/off" nature of the throttle? It's my only issue with the bike. Period.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Tom,

Congrats and enjoy. I too am MV newbie and have enjoyed every mile.

Thanks. I know there are better places to post this question, but any quick suggestions on how to reduce the "on/off" nature of the throttle? It's my only issue with the bike. Period.
I find that running my bike in normal mode NOT sport mode really takes the edge off the abruptness.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Welcome aboard Tom and it's a pleasure to have you join our world-wide family.

Brain-hand-throttle.... you'll get used to it :)

The search function will provide you with a significant database of questions and answers from many members around the world (as well as LA).

...and just a helpful hint, I'd suggest you use the correct discussion category to raise any questions :)

Enjoy the ride !!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tom,

Congrats and enjoy. I too am MV newbie and have enjoyed every mile.

I find that running my bike in normal mode NOT sport mode really takes the edge off the abruptness.
Mr. Baron:

I don't think I have two modes, or am I woefully misinformed. It's an '06 910S.

I think that's a newer invention.

-- T

·
Registered
967 Posts
No you dont have different modes, try taking the slack out of the throttle cables. As a test turn the "choke" on whilst riding it should take the freeplay out of the throttle and possibly raise the idle a bit.It`s not actually a choke as such and only operates as a crude "fast idle".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No you dont have different modes, try taking the slack out of the throttle cables. As a test turn the "choke" on whilst riding it should take the freeplay out of the throttle and possibly raise the idle a bit.It`s not actually a choke as such and only operates as a crude "fast idle".
Thanks, CUS. I'll try the cables and the choke. And, I'll post these Newbie questions elsewhere next time. (just tryin' to fit in, and it's my only "issue.")

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
welcome,the only person to watch out for is Noel,:thewife:he gets very angry if you post in the wrong section,ha ha

heaps of info on snatchy throttle on this forum.

cheers eddy:smoking:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
welcome,the only person to watch out for is Noel,:thewife:he gets very angry if you post in the wrong section,ha ha

heaps of info on snatchy throttle on this forum.

cheers eddy:smoking:
Thanks for the heads-up, Eddy. My apologies to Noel, in advance. Hopefully, I'll get one pass (no pun intended). I've already dug into much of the material. Gotta say, at this point anyway, can't find a real concensus. I have learned, though, that the twitchy throttle will make me a better rider. That's a good side effect. But all that's for another thread, I know!

It's 12:12 pacific time. I'm officially into Day 2 of MV ownership.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the heads-up, Eddy. My apologies to Noel, in advance. Hopefully, I'll get one pass (no pun intended). I've already dug into much of the material. Gotta say, at this point anyway, can't find a real concensus. I have learned, though, that the twitchy throttle will make me a better rider. That's a good side effect. But all that's for another thread, I know!

It's 12:12 pacific time. I'm officially into Day 2 of MV ownership.
By the way, I live in Los Angeles, but I spent a year at the Uni of New South Wales, and lived in Randwick. I made it to Brisbane during my travels, small world.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
By the way, I live in Los Angeles, but I spent a year at the Uni of New South Wales, and lived in Randwick. I made it to Brisbane during my travels, small world.
Welcome to the MV Brutale family !

Shame you didn't let me know sooner, as I live in Randwick, and a few of us ride on the weekends....

Yes, Brisbane is a 'small world' :stickpoke:naughty::):):)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. I lived in Australia 20 years ago, literally.
I learned how to ride a motorcycle 18 months ago.
And I can't run THAT fast. . .

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
By the way, I live in Los Angeles,
Noel is in SCal as well, lists his cell phone here, and is a nice guy. He just barks a lot. He's on his way to the Bubbalicious just about now.

Welcome

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats! Looks just like mine haha, I had the same problem with the on/off throttle and taking one of the springs out of the outside throttle cable really helped

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Hi Guys:

Just reaching out after my first incredible day on my '06 Brutale 910S. I hit the highway, some back roads. The bike looks amazing and the rush it provides is unmatchable.

Waiting a few days before I head up Angeles Crest to the Ranch. Ok. Maybe a day.

Well, if you have any MV newbie advice, please, share it.

And, if you'd like to ride with someone who prefers the twisties to pure speed, PM me. Not that I have anything against speed, I'm just not a hooligan.

I'll post a couple photos of my new bike, if this site let's me -- there are a couple quirks.

-- Tom
Welcome. My advice, get an F4:laughing:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats! Looks just like mine haha, I had the same problem with the on/off throttle and taking one of the springs out of the outside throttle cable really helped
Thanks for the tip. If I were mechanically inclined, I'd know what the heck you mean. Unfortunately, I'll have to pass your post on to one of the mechanics at Pro Italia.
I've only been riding 18 months or so. I realize that you have to learn this stuff to be a well-rounded rider. I just like the riding part so much, I leave the maintenance part to others.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts