MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm a new member from Switzerland, searching for a very good 2000 MV F4 750.

I found one with only 2000 miles and the original tyres (13 years old).

On a short test ride, I had some strange vibrations in the handle bars, for a short moment, like rolling over lane groves, while the fork worked fine.

Are such vibrations (possibly from the engine) usual? Or do I have to check this issue on a second test ride?

Kind regards
desmodue

·
Registered
14,199 Posts
flat spots?

desmodue;
1st Welcome to the Forum

13 year old tires......:jsm: try a new set

you're going to need the change the fuel filter and the lines in the tank too

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Also wheel bearings maybe? From sitting for so long. Possibly wheel balance. But mostly tires, those need to be changed.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Unless you can reliably replicate it at a specific RPM I would be with everyone else and say that the very hard tires might have found some grooves or otherwise imperfect pavement and sent all of that info to the handlebars.

·
Registered
877 Posts
First MV?

Is this your first MV? If so, I suggest you test ride a few others. I agree with all the comments above, but when I did my first long ride on the Brutale, all I could think was, "my wrists and hands are killing me from the vibrations."

That was quickly fixed with bar end weights - available here from our site sponsors. For what it's worth, I also notice the vibration on the F4, but it is considerably less than the Brute.

Good luck with your purchase.

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
Get you a set of good bar ends that deal with vibration. When I first got my 2012 F4 I hated the vibration. I got some bar ends that dealt with it and I can ride for hours much more comfortable. Also get you some new tires.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts