MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to post up and introduce myself as I am a new member. I recently purchased a 2003 MV Agusta F4 750 and love the bike! This is my first MV and is very different from my Ducati's and I'm really enjoying it and people can't believe its a 2003.

My first order of business is getting new tires on today. I am planning on going with Perelli Supercorsa SP V2, as I have them on another pike and they work well. I also need a recommendation on a tail tiddy option, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of availability for this bike (no Competition Werkes, etc). Any suggestions would be appreciated as I just want a basic plate holder under the exhaust, as the blinkers are already integrated.

Hopefully I can't start contributing in the future and maybe have a chance to ride with any SoCal guys out there. Here's a pic of the MV along with the stable.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Very nice. imo the EVO3 is the 750 to have, after the Oro of course. I was very close to buying an EVO3. Congratulations and welcome. Looks to be in great condition from here. How many miles and what was already done on her? Wellnuts, rear hub, evap canister delete in tank, iridium plugs, metal fuel line connectors to replace the plastic ones that snap, and hid's so you can actually see at night are what come to mind. Get the manuals from Donsy's site (it's a sticky on the main forum page I believe) and make sure you do all the maintenance items, especially the fuel filter and lines.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for the input and I'll start making my list!! The bike is totally stock and the brakes are my biggest concern as they definetly feel soft, but it gives me more projects and an excuse to be in the garage.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Those wheels are from the 05/06 model. The 03 were darker. Anthracite was the color name I believe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting! The bike was purchased at GP Motorcycles in San Diego and was a one one owner bike. It has 11,000 miles on it and I have all the records. When I went through the service records (he had all of them) I didn't see anything about changing the factory wheels, or I missed something.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Welcome. The silver rims are better looking than the anthracite rims anyway. Are your's kind of a brushed aluminum finish or are they shiny like chrome or polished stainless?

The silver rims started in '04 with the SPR. They didn't make another 750 in '04. Not in the US anyway.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Nice stable! Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Those wheels are from the 05/06 model. The 03 were darker. Anthracite was the color name I believe.
Here is my chance to let my geeky side shine:
The silver wheels featured as standard on the later generations of the F4750.
:nerd:
My suggestion for a tail tidy is to get a carbon version of the standard plastic one.
Melotti do a pretty good tail tidy for the F4 but then the indicators look well out of place when mounted to it - so you'd be in for some aftermarket (maybe Rizoma) indicators to mount to that.
Going back to the carbon version of the standard plastic one - it keeps true to the overall look of the bike.
You'll do well to improve the cosmetic appearance of the F4.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Welcome :)

Whatever mods you do, keep the oe parts in your garage as the value of your bike lies in it's originality. In the mean time have fun :yo:

joe

ps bleed the brakes//:smoking:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts

:laughing: @ geeky side, because it's true, maybe even OCD :laughing: Trust me LArider, listen to this guy, he knows a thing or two about F4's :smoking:

Welcome to the forum. :yo:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Many thanks all around! The bike is great and sounds like The_Castle is correct about the wheels being stock. I will have them bleed the brakes tomorrow when I get the new tires put on, but they are very weak and may look at new lines or pads too.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
+1 CAG and probably most others. The silvers look much better.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Interesting. All the 03 750's I've seen here in the US had the darker wheels. Sorry for the misinformation.

:nerd:
My suggestion for a tail tidy is to get a carbon version of the standard plastic one.
Melotti do a pretty good tail tidy for the F4 but then the indicators look well out of place when mounted to it - so you'd be in for some aftermarket (maybe Rizoma) indicators to mount to that.
Going back to the carbon version of the standard plastic one - it keeps true to the overall look of the bike.
You'll do well to improve the cosmetic appearance of the F4.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Interesting. All the 03 750's I've seen here in the US had the darker wheels. Sorry for the misinformation.
Hell, no reason to be sorry.
I thought I'd do a quick search - just because I'm going from memory.

June 1999: Mv Agusta F4 750 Serie Oro launched complete with magnesium swing arm and wheels.
Feb 2002: MV Agusta F4 750 Serie Oro discontinued.
Oct 1999: MV Agsuta F4 750S launched, full production model.
2003: MV Agusta F4 750S now with silver wheels.
2004: MV Agusta F4 750S discontinued.
2003: MV Agusta f4 750 1+1, dual seat version launched.
2005: MV Agusta F4 750 1+1 discontinued.
2000: MV Agusta F4 750 SPR launched.
2000: MV Agusta F4 750 SPR Senna limited edition (just 300 made) launched.
2004: MV Agusta F4 750 SPR Senna discontinued.

Source: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/MV2/MV-Agusta-F4-750-1999-2004-/

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
welcome
let's ride together since your in LA

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Hell, no reason to be sorry.
I thought I'd do a quick search - just because I'm going from memory.

June 1999: Mv Agusta F4 750 Serie Oro launched complete with magnesium swing arm and wheels.
Feb 2002: MV Agusta F4 750 Serie Oro discontinued.
Oct 1999: MV Agsuta F4 750S launched, full production model.
2003: MV Agusta F4 750S now with silver wheels.
2004: MV Agusta F4 750S discontinued.
2003: MV Agusta f4 750 1+1, dual seat version launched.
2005: MV Agusta F4 750 1+1 discontinued.
2000: MV Agusta F4 750 SPR launched.
2000: MV Agusta F4 750 SPR Senna limited edition (just 300 made) launched.
2004: MV Agusta F4 750 SPR Senna discontinued.

Source: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/MV2/MV-Agusta-F4-750-1999-2004-/
Typical MCN inaccuracy. But their overall description is pretty good.

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
Welcome!

LArider,
Welcome to the Forum!

you need a place for you to service your MV? call me

I'm in Redondo Beach, you're buying lunch:drummer:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts