MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Light Input device Gadget Electronic device Font

Tire Fuel tank Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle

I’m a new member, currently awaiting a new battery and a fuel pump elbow. Thanks to this forum, removal of the old part was a breeze!

This is my first MV. Prior to this, I’ve had a couple of Ducatis, a BMW, a Harley springer and a couple of Kawasaki bikes. I can’t wait to ride it because I just moved to the Columbia Gorge!

Water Sky Cloud Coastal and oceanic landforms Mountain

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
Welcome from Philadelphia! Exciting times ahead. Remember to charge your new battery 24 hours before install. Pay attention to proper cable sequence —easy to flip polarity. No good, no good I tell ya! Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from Philadelphia! Exciting times ahead. Remember to charge your new battery 24 hours before install. Pay attention to proper cable sequence —easy to flip polarity. No good, no good I tell ya! Cheers.
Oh, I’m glad you mentioned that. I was planning on replacing it with an antigravity battery and matching up the polarity so that (-) connects to the port-side grounds, and (+) to what looks like the starboard-side hot lead, connecting the grounds last. From what I remember from my previous rides, most other bikes seem to have the battery flipped 180 degrees. Is that right?

·
Old Wing Nut
24,309 Posts
Glad to have you here...and what a lovely place to live and ride !!!
Most MVs have the battery lying on its side which has caused confusion if one does not pay attention. Lots of history of batteries being connected backwards and resultant problems. Just pay attention,....and you are correct....always connect positive leads and then negative.

Reactions: dcbookman
1 - 7 of 7 Posts