MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm a new member to mvagusta.net. I just bought a used grey 750S Brutale from a guy in LA on Oct. 31, then drove it up to the SF Bay Area. I'm the fourth owner and the motorcycle has 12K miles on it. I'm not sure, but I think I love this motorcycle.

I've been reading tech stuff on this message board for the last nine days since I got the Brutale. Lots of smart people here with good experience. My motorcycle is in good shape, but suffered from some mild neglect. So far I've done:

- brake & clutch fluids
- oil change
- TPS reset
- cleaned & oiled air filter
- tightened steering stem bearing

I'm going to service the hub next, as well as finish swapping fluids (coolant, rear brake fluid & fork oil). PCIII and dyno, then onwards to suspension tuning. I love working on this bike and am having a blast. I look forward to many years of happy ownership and learning more about this motorcycle on this forum.

-Matt

PS: Yes, that is me in the avatar!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome to the club Matt,
I am in San Francisco and also have a silver S with 12K on the odo - your new toy could be my bike's evil twin :devil:. PM me if you're interested in riding on week-ends.
Cheers,
Pierre

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's gonna sound ridiculous, but I have a silver 750s with 12k miles and I'm moving to San Jose by the end of the month. I think this meet of the "axis of evil" needs to happen. ;-)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
welcome to the forum!!

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Welcome to the family Matt....let's hope you don't replicate the "off" on the Brute ;-)

Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the club Matt,
I am in San Francisco and also have a silver S with 12K on the odo - your new toy could be my bike's evil twin :devil:. PM me if you're interested in riding on week-ends.
Cheers,
Pierre
It's gonna sound ridiculous, but I have a silver 750s with 12k miles and I'm moving to San Jose by the end of the month. I think this meet of the "axis of evil" needs to happen. ;-)
Wow, this looks like the makings of an epic Bay Area 750S ride. I'm up for rides for sure. . . any combo of the three of us sounds good. It would be also good to meet so I can learn more about your ownership experience. Stand by, will PM with deets.

-matt

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hope the crash turned out okay for you, I asume you have all the manuals downloaded - http://my.agusta.us/
Have fun and I hope you enjoy your stay on the Forum. :)
Haha. That pic is photographic evidence that you can, indeed, highside an SV650. All it takes is one dumb wingnut behind the bars. Yup, got the manual and am working nearly every day on the bike, bit by bit, to get it up to acceptable condition. Thanks for the welcome!

matt

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
Haha. That pic is photographic evidence that you can, indeed, highside an SV650. All it takes is one dumb wingnut behind the bars.
Ah, yes....you can and I proved it just about 8 weeks ago. Hope you came out with fewer doctor bills then I did. :shitfan:

Welcome to the family!!! :brutale:

·
Registered
104 Posts
welcome to the forum. I too have the 750 S and living in San Francisco. We should setup a group ride on of the weekends it's going to be clear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts