MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
MV Agusta B3 800 2015
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been using my MV B3 800 from 2015 as my main ride to work for about 4 years now. Love the bike but having some cold start issues for a few weeks now.

With a cold engine (normale temperature, not freezing or something) I I sometimes need 5-6 start attempts before it will run. Ones it runs everything seems normal. Weird thing is this doesn't happen every time.
I've changed the sprag clutch to the latest model myself about 2 years a go, this time I don't hear the 'CLACK' noise when it doesn't start.

With a warm engine I have no troubles starting at all.

Battery (Yuasa YTZ0s) is in for less then a year and seems good. I can start and immediatly stop it again for over 10 times before it gives the 9.6V warning on the display so I figure that's still a good battery.

Bike had it's last maintenance 3000Km's a go and valves were checked one maintenance before so around 9000Km's a go.

I had some spark plugs laying around so I put those in, didn't solve my issue. Also checked the starting relay wich is perfect.

Could this be caused by a dirty injector or would that give problems with a warm engine as well?

Had a quick stop at the dealer before he went on vacation. Hooked it up to the computer, I have the latest software and there are no faults present. He's toughts went back to the sprag clutch, but that would give troubles with a warm start as well no?

All toughts are welcome!

·
Old Wing Nut
22,695 Posts
First of all, Welcome to the family !!!

Sounds like your cold start fuel mixture is a bit lean...that or weak spark.
Since you installed new plugs, and it runs fine otherwise and starts fine warm, I would think it is the cold start fuel mix.

Try running some fuel system cleaner through your tank...Chevron Techron is the best stuff out there (and the primary ingredient in most other brands of fuel system cleaners).

As a test, you might also try giving your "Key On" start spray a double dose by turning the key on, then off, then back on again before pressing the start button.
Every time you turn the key on a brief injection spray occurs to "prime" the intake tracts with a fuel mist to aid starting.
If that trick helps with starting then you know the cold start mix is lean.

·
Registered
MV Agusta B3 800 2015
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.
I've poured in Xeramic injector cleaner 2 times now and think it's starting a bit better (might be wishfull thinking). Great tip turning the key on and back off again, will see if this fixes my problem. If so I think I'm going to get my injectors cleaned by a professional. Think injector cleaners you pour in your tank work more predictive then problem solving no?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts