MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all,

May I access your group mind and experience? I am exploring the B 675 after pondering a modern triple naked bike for a few years. I live in Houston, TX, I am 60 years old, and ride a fun, yet tame, yet gorgeous Italian bike called a MGuzzi V7R. My goal: more power, ABS, modern mapping, and some intangible called style. The Triumph STR has been on my radar for quite a while, but I never could quite get enamored despite stellar reviews. A fellow Guzzisti mentioned MV and the more I have looked, the more I have gotten interested.

So, question the first: am I out of my mind seriously considering the B 675? Houston traffic requires quite a bit of finesse--is the bike smooth enough for urban combat riding-- that slow stuck in traffic, maneuvering stuff we all distain, but find necessary? I read fueling problems have been resolved. Is the geometry upright enough that my hands won't cramp? In other words is the bike flexible enough for general use?

Much thanks in advance!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I'm a old school Brutie guy (910R) and I don't know much about the B3 675. My obvious question is why not the B3 800? The magazine reviews I've read really like it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'd recommend looking at the 800 as well. More power and adjustable suspension for a small price difference.
You also have a bike that is more manageable in lower revs than the 675.

I ride my 800 in the city and love it

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hi lucydad, I am 58, and have ridden the 675 but bought the B800, as said only a small amount of money more and the benefit of adjustable suspension and more grunt.
It is a great bike, well suited to urban crawl and light and very easy to manoeuvre, go take a test ride on one.
jimboF4

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Much thanks---yes I see your points on the B 800 versus 675: minimal cost difference and the suspension upgrade likely worth it. Otherwise the bikes are almost identical. Weight is a key item for me as I am not extremely tall (only 5 ft 5) or strong (age 60, but very healthy)-- and my parking situation at back of garage a bit difficult.

A few more questions about the bikes please:

1) do you like the traction control, does it work to smooth out the bike? we have a lot of wet/slick road conditions in Houston--with ABS one of the key reasons I am interested in upgrading from my Guzzi
2) the LED (?) type instruments are not a favorite, but MV seems to have put on a decent cluster: is it visible in bright sun conditions? Do polarized sunglasses cut out the display image?
3) How is dealer and parts support for break in, warranty issues, parts availability? This can be a huge issue with Guzzi bikes in the USA (but not in Houston as we have a premier dealer)---key issue for me
4) Do the B3 bikes have metal tanks? I have had friends with plastic tank bikes have major issues with ethanol blend gas and general paint/swelling problems.
5) Will my derrier get sore after an hour? The seat looks pretty thin, but the geometry is narrow and I like that.
6) I typically carry a small bag with water, a few tools, hat, sun screen, mosquito spray, etc: the tail looks like it can carry a small bag-- agreed? I am not much of a fan of tank bags.

Much thanks for comments and advice in advance. The more I look the more I like. Friday I am visiting my local Houston dealer for a look-see. Geometry is key as I like fairly upright naked bikes, with just a bit of a lean in. Forums like this hugely support smaller bike builder sales-- similar to Guzzi.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I can answer some of your questions, lets see:

1. Yes, it's adjustable in 8 settings to your liking.
2. No problem, clearly visible at all times.
3. Over here in Holland, from 1 - 10 I'll give MV a 6,5 depending on what you need. Your dealer can help you out with most parts in stock.
4. Nope, no metal tanks. Some members have had issues with ethanol. As long as you stay away from e10 you should be fine. I've seen some members writing about a protective coating, no experience...
5. I have no problem but softer seat are available, it's not a Goldwing... ;)
6. Take a look at other threads, this has been discussed many times. You'll definatelly find what you need.

Now go het yourself a 800 !!! :yo:

Good luck

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joost,

Grazie....not surprised MV uses plastic tanks for weight savings...I will ask the dealer in Houston about issues. We have ethanol in most of our gasoline--not sure the percentage.

Not expecting a Wing---but my butt has no padding....;) good to hear there are aftermarket seats and options for rear bag.

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I live in Houston also and I purchased my Brutale 800 Dragster from Grand Prix Motoring. Evan will take good care of you. MV parts have been taking about 10 to 14 days on average. Now that the fuel mapping has been worked out, all of the B3s run very smoothly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts