MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Mmmm love the 996. Dont sell it! I like south mountain but it's like 1st and 2nd gear only.. almost takes the fun out of the ride. The view is nice though. Cave creek rd one of my favorites going to Bartlett lake. 2am both lanes, road all to yourself. Same with Mt lemon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
All my riding is out in Prescott/Jerome or Globe area day trips. I'm minutes away South Mountain road to the top & never ridden it on the bikes. First time I drove up in the car with family I thought it would be punishment on my bikes. I did Tortilla Flats on my SS before they repaved it. I slept on the repaving as my trip beat the hell out of me & I had no interest on returning.:D

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yeah south mountain is not a fun road. It's too slow and tight. I didnt know they repaved Tortilla Flat. I like the ride to Jerome. Anywhere north is good riding really. Sonoita and Patagonia Is really good riding too. Have you been to Bisbee? That's a cool little town.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Haven't been on southern AZ routes yet, hopefully soon . Planning this summer to tour California- south to north possibly to Seattle and back. Will be with trailer & hotels, bikes ridden on fun roads only!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yeah that sounds really fun! Going up Highway 1 on a motorcycle is a must if you haven't been before.

·
Registered
885 Posts
You ever on your way down in the southern part of Arizona let me know and we can go riding together

·
Registered
2005 Brutale 750s
30 Posts
Welcome! I’m originally from AZ, down in Tucson. I know it might be a ride but On Any Moto down there is the MV dealer and they are a great bunch of guys. Good luck with the hunt!

·
Super Moderator
2,812 Posts
Welcome to the family

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and leads. Unfortunately I have decided to no longer actively pursue another motorcycle at this time. I have been dealing with serious heath conditions and have not been able to enjoy riding for a few years. I am determined to ride this year and have been working to get fit to ride and going to make that happen safely.
With the Purchase of a MV, if the right one comes along I may pull the trigger. With purchasing new, Im really digging the 2021 with updated valve guides and TFT dash. Since I can't ride now anyway, I'll have to view you all's art here vs somewhere in my house- I'm out of garage space too.
I'll still be in the community and will do what I can to add positivity.
Also, none of the super sorry posts- I've had my fair share and chucking that to the wind & working on riding again:geek:🏍.

Ride safe

·
Registered
885 Posts
When your ready and want to go exploring MV or Duc I got some cool roads I keep under wraps so definitly worth getting back into riding shape for! New MVs are really nice. Definitly cant go wrong with all the positive improvements they are striving for.

·
Registered
2005 Brutale 750s
30 Posts
When your ready and want to go exploring MV or Duc I got some cool roads I keep under wraps so definitly worth getting back into riding shape for! New MVs are really nice. Definitly cant go wrong with all the positive improvements they are striving for.

Would any of those happen to be in Tucson 🤪

·
Registered
885 Posts
Would any of those happen to be in Tucson
Not Tucson proper but the surrounding area.

You said you used to live there right?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well everybody, I'm officially an MV Agusta owner!
The right dragster came along an I could not resist!
2016 red/white RR color scheme I originally wanted with 2000 miles.
Fingers crossed its a good one.
Picked up by my shipper today & should be in my garage in a few weeks.
Will post pics once it arrives.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Cant wait! Were all happy for you. Hopefully this means you'll be riding again soon!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Alright everyone. After a month long wait in transit. My dragster is finally in my garage.
Totally love it!
image2.jpeg

·
Registered
775 Posts
Congrats! Come down to Tucson for the MV Agusta open house on Saturday from 9-4 at On Any Moto! It's going to be fun!

·
Registered
885 Posts
That's beautiful! Your patience paid off! So did you end up having to sell your 996 then?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts