MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself - Joe from NY. I'm coming from a Yamaha FZ-10, sold that bike last year and wasn't even in the market for a bike. My wife wanted to go take a look at the Supersport S at a local dealership...I was entertaining the idea of getting a new monster 1200s which they also had (super nice bike), and I was greeted to this beauty on the showroom floor. Once I saw it I couldn't take my eyes off it. #80 of 350.

Way more money than I wanted to spend, and a big reason for me getting rid of the FZ was the horrible gas mileage (which I don't think is much better on this), but i've never seen a bike in person that I fell in love with immediately after seeing it. I left the dealer that day talking about the bike to my wife the entire time, and decided that if it was still there the following weekend i'd put a deposit down on it. Well, seeing as its winter time here in NY and this is an expensive bike, the odds were highly in my favor haha.

Anyways, its a 2018, wish I could have scored a 19 with that sweet LED headlight DRL, but at that point i'm grasping at straws. I got a killer deal on this, and I just couldn't pass it up.

This is also the first bike i've ever looked at and almost been completely satisfied with in terms of modifications - its great it already comes with the exhaust and ECU, which is usually a first upgrade for me. I'll probably delete the fender and do an integrated turn signal in the rear brake lights, and a few little other odds and ends and call it a day (don't hold that against me though hehe)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the family, Joe. Beautiful bike! Where in NY do you hail from?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hi and welcome. Great purchase!! When do you pick it up?

Good decision about the rear fender. I know some like them, but I have a real bugbear about them. I feel they look so hideous and planted on as an afterthought. Fortunately both here (UK) and for you there is a range of options to eradicate it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hello

Good choice....I am waiting for my 19 to arrive. I do like the gold forks, which the 19 does not have.

·
Administrator
19,129 Posts
Welcome to the family !!! Great choice of bikes.

I know exactly how you felt. I walked into the dealer here (at the time) just to see what the MVs sold for after seeing one for the first time at Laguna Seca

Saw Gina sitting right by the front door as soon as entered.... WOW....lust at first sight. :heart:

Then I sat on her.... Damn.... fit like a glove. :love:

Then I test rode their demo.....came back with this stupid grin inside my helmet. Got off the bike and the sales manager said "let's go to my office and put the paperwork together". :baddeal:

Never looked back. :brutale:

Bonus !!! This forum comes with the bike ! :yo:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations and welcome to the family, Joe. Beautiful bike! Where in NY do you hail from?
Thanks! I'm upstate NY, Orange County. What about you?

Hi and welcome. Great purchase!! When do you pick it up?

Good decision about the rear fender. I know some like them, but I have a real bugbear about them. I feel they look so hideous and planted on as an afterthought. Fortunately both here (UK) and for you there is a range of options to eradicate it.
Well its up to me at this point. I can go get it tomorrow, but I am probably going to wait until next week. Need to wait for my buddy and his truck, and unfortunately for me he snowmobiles every weekend upstate haha.

To be honest, I like the "euro" fender plate way better than the typical "stick 12 feet off the tail" fender. But, it still needs to go :)

Hello

Good choice....I am waiting for my 19 to arrive. I do like the gold forks, which the 19 does not have.
Thanks, you as well!

Welcome to the family !!! Great choice of bikes.

I know exactly how you felt. I walked into the dealer here (at the time) just to see what the MVs sold for after seeing one for the first time at Laguna Seca

Saw Gina sitting right by the front door as soon as entered.... WOW....lust at first sight. :heart:

Then I sat on her.... Damn.... fit like a glove. :love:

Then I test rode their demo.....came back with this stupid grin inside my helmet. Got off the bike and the sales manager said "let's go to my office and put the paperwork together". :baddeal:

Never looked back. :brutale:

Bonus !!! This forum comes with the bike ! :yo:
Yep, thats pretty much how it went for me. Though the first time I sat down, I got right back up and said lets go before I make a stupid decision. Ended up I just waited a week to make that stupid decision LOL

Hello and welcome,

Congralutations on your purchase, I've seen an RC at my dealer aswell. Very beautiful bike.
Thank you, and yes it sure is a looker. The pictures really don't do this bike justice at all.

Funny story is this bike was on hold for another customer (not sure when). He was REALLY short...so they installed a lowering kit for him. So it will be a tad higher when i go back as they are returning it back to stock for me. But it does look like a real "dragster" sitting as low as it does!

Talked to my dealer and they are going to do a suspension setup for me too, which i'm excited about. I'm on the heavier side, so every bike i've ever owned has always been like sending lightning up my back when I hit a pothole. Hopefully this will help as much as it can given the stock suspension settings.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I'm in the city, not far from the Empire State Bldg. Hit me up when it gets warm. We do some MV rides in the summer.

·
Vendor
5,222 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Bike looks great.Shame you cannot ride it home.
Mv's are very seductive.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Welcome to the site members here know MVs inside and out. They are happy to help other MV owners and do not look through rose color glasses. Congrates on purchase of new MV beautiful with performance to match .Take care jake

Correction: Make that , Exceptional performance with beauty to match.

MVs performance is as a whole, is under rated because people cannot look past its looks to give it proper review.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in the city, not far from the Empire State Bldg. Hit me up when it gets warm. We do some MV rides in the summer.
Ok sounds great man, thanks!

Welcome to the forum.Bike looks great.Shame you cannot ride it home.
Mv's are very seductive.:wink2:
Funny thing is, i'm going to pick it up tomorrow and I could totally ride it home as theres been a burst of warm weather here in NY. But, I still won't because of all the salt and debris in the roads lol

Welcome to the site members here know MVs inside and out. They are happy to help other MV owners and do not look through rose color glasses. Congrates on purchase of new MV beautiful with performance to match .Take care jake

Correction: Make that , Exceptional performance with beauty to match.

MVs performance is as a whole, is under rated because people cannot look past its looks to give it proper review.
Thanks!

Tomorrow I go to pick her up, heres a photo my brother took when I went last weekend to finalize the paperwork.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go with the New Rage Cycles fender eliminator and buy the rear hub clamping bolts for the F3 as the Dragster bolts are too long for the NRC Kit and they provide you with ugly plastic spacers.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
XXS VERY SHARP, and IMO tuning the chassis is money well spent . The only upgrade NEEDED is the new MV foot pegs. On My F4RR where as slippery as oil on ice .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Go with the New Rage Cycles fender eliminator and buy the rear hub clamping bolts for the F3 as the Dragster bolts are too long for the NRC Kit and they provide you with ugly plastic spacers.
To be honest i'm a bit torn on doing a fender eliminator. As much I was want to rid the back wheel of the fender, one of the many things i love about this bike is the rear end. Putting a fender eliminator over it just seems like blasphemy to me.

XXS VERY SHARP, and IMO tuning the chassis is money well spent . The only upgrade NEEDED is the new MV foot pegs. On My F4RR where as slippery as oil on ice .
Thanks man. I ended up not getting the suspension adjusted since the tech who does it was out that day so I'll have to go back when its nice out lol. I'll keep an eye out about the pegs, haven't even rode the thing yet so I can't judge :grin2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gorgeous machine. Any other plans for her currently?
Honestly, probably not much. I'd like to get the front turn signals swapped out for something more discrete, and possibly delete the rear plate, but I don't like how the current plate deletes cover up the beautiful back end of the bike. I may fab something up off the rear passenger peg holes since I deleted them, then add the integrated tail lights in the brake.

May add a few little carbon bits here and there but mostly everything I could want swapped out already is done for me...its kind of a weird feeling since I can't help but touch almost anything I buy haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts