MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1st Italian bike. (picking it up Saturday) I have ridden hundreds (possibly thousands) and owned over 100 motorcycles. Started riding off road in 1971 and on road since 1972. Worked at a dealership from 1973 until 1976 then became a dealer principal from 1979 until 2013. My passion has always been sportbikes beginning with a Kawasaki H2 with Clubman bars to a modern Yamaha R1. Looking forward to discussions with the group.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome, I think you will love your Dragster. Where are you located? Picture when you pick her up...

Reactions: doubleo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Located in upstate (western) South Carolina. By the way any other MVs nearby ? Plenty of Harley riders around so I wonder if it they would allow a MV to ride along since they were associated for a few years.

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
Welcome to the family @doubleo !! Are you near Greenville? @R1andrew lives in your part of the woods (NW SC)....

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome from Georgia. I don't think it is legal for MV's to ride with Harleys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I currently live in McCormick, SC but moving to Greenwood (about 50 miles south of Greenville) when new house is completed, probably January. I was kidding about riding with the Harleys but probably would not turn down a leisure ride.

·
Super Moderator
22,727 Posts
...don't write off us Harley riders. I was two-up on a big HD Bagger (CVO Ultra Classic) riding Charley for a Ducati event....they could not run away from me even though I was packed for a weekend. I got a Dishonorable Mention Award for riding a Harley at a Ducati event.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My 1st Italian bike. (picking it up Saturday) I have ridden hundreds (possibly thousands) and owned over 100 motorcycles. Started riding off road in 1971 and on road since 1972. Worked at a dealership from 1973 until 1976 then became a dealer principal from 1979 until 2013. My passion has always been sportbikes beginning with a Kawasaki H2 with Clubman bars to a modern Yamaha R1. Looking forward to discussions with the group.
Welcome. What color did you get? I'm over near Rock Hill, just got my '19 a month or so ago. It's taking some time to break-in/dial-in but is getting better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...don't write off us Harley riders. I was two-up on a big HD Bagger (CVO Ultra Classic) riding Charley for a Ducati event....they could not run away from me even though I was packed for a weekend. I got a Dishonorable Mention Award for riding a Harley at a Ducati event.
I would never "write you off". One important trait of Harley riders is that they are still riding when most others have put their bikes up for the winter. I have ridden with almost every group/ type rider. I would much rather ride with a sensible guy on a Harley than a squirrel on a GSXR, Ninja, or CBR. Please don't take offense to my comment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome. What color did you get? I'm over near Rock Hill, just got my '19 a month or so ago. It's taking some time to break-in/dial-in but is getting better.
Silver/ gray with yellow stripe, black rims with yellow/ gold hubs.

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
Which dealer did you get it from?

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got home with my new ride today. (800RR Dragster) Quick test ride at Ducshop, loaded in truck, unloaded a few hours later at home and put a few miles on it before dark. 1st day observations/ opinions: 1) Mark, Laurie and others at Ducshop Marietta, Ga. are great people. Highly recommend. 2) Riding position is perfect for us older sport bike enthusiasts. 3) More engine vibration than expected. (hopefully improves after break in).
Looking forward to riding tomorrow and making a few adjustments on the bike and myself. I have not ridden in over 5 years until today.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I arrived to pick up bike today I realized that the stripes and the hubs were more green than yellow. Still love it though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
G'day from West Oz, welcome.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts