MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone confirm this is the coolant drain plug? I've looked through all the manuals..the older models have the coolant filler on top of the coolant reservoir under the fuel tank; mine has the hole on the side that you have to use a syringe to fill the reservoir with coolant. But that same manual doesn't have the coolant draining section like the older manuals do...which show it as being on the left side by the water pump. Just don't wanna undo giant bolts randomly haha. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Old Wing Nut
22,200 Posts
Welcome to the family !! Where are you located in these United States??

Here is a snip from the 3 cylinder manual. You can find a link to free manuals in the sticky threads if you look. Basic info is the same for all the 3 cylinder bikes, so even if the manual isn't specific for your bike it can still be useful.
Capture.JPG

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the family !! Where are you located in these United States??

Here is a snip from the 3 cylinder manual. You can find a link to free manuals in the sticky threads if you look. Basic info is the same for all the 3 cylinder bikes, so even if the manual isn't specific for your bike it can still be useful.
View attachment 486841
Thanks for that. And forgot to mention located in Michigan unfortunately which means only about 4ish months of riding weather a year, if that.

I thought I did see that pic actually but the pic next to it showed coolant draining from the left side...I think, I might've been wasted.

I've bee browsing the forum for the last year but needed clarification before undergoing this coolant change. Problem is the only authorized dealer in Mich fucked it up last year, and it was pissing out coolant outta the overflow tube. Then it was running super hot and heating up very quickly..thought the radiator fan wasn't kicking on, but it does work. Tried the previous attempts listed on trying to get air out with the radiator cap off but it was running for a few minutes with no fluid coming up, so no idea how much coolant is even in it...though there was the dreaded gurgling sound from the coolant but this was last year..basically last time it's been ridden.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It's the big shiny silver one! Do yourself a favor and buy an Airlift coolant system kit. That way you won't come back on here asking and wondering why your bike is overheating because you have an air pocket! This kit takes all the guesswork out of the equation.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the big shiny silver one! Do yourself a favor and buy an Airlift coolant system kit. That way you won't come back on here asking and wondering why your bike is overheating because you have an air pocket! This kit takes all the guesswork out of the equation.

That does seem like the handy contraption to use for undergoing the coolant flush job. Thanks for the recommendation.

It was running fine with no overheating issues but I figured it was 3 years old at that point might as well stay on top of the maintenance like the manual insists..but I didn't know the only certified personnel in the state wouldn't know how to do it haha they said as much when I dropped it off to the dealer they're like oh yea we've never worked on this one before but we should be able to take care of it no problem..something along those lines. Real confidence inspiring for sure!

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a feeling they just drained it and filled it up with coolant only once til it was level..didn't start it and let it run then let it sit idle to see if the level drops and add fluid accordingly then top up the coolant reservoir. They obviously didn't browse these forums before undergoing the task that was put forth before them!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
That's what most people do who don't know about the easy tricks.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,200 Posts
What part of Michigan are you in? ...the UP certainly has short riding seasons.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Down in Waterford next to Pontiac, about 30 mins north of Detroit. It'd be pretty nice riding up in the UP but I'd be scared shitless riding across the Mackinac bridge on the MV! The Michigan roads aren't too friendly on the MV in general, but they'll have to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts