MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutely love the bike. It is by far one of the most comfortable bikes I’ve ever driven. I currently have a 2011 Ducati Diavel and a 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio also. So I like Italian products for sure

Currently I am looking at doing an aftermarket exhaust and wanted to reach out and see if anybody had experience. I’m looking at Silo, CORSE, and FM. There was one other slip on but I cannot recall the name.

Also is it worth it to chip these bikes?
Thank you

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have HP Corse HydroTre and I really like it. It gives the bike that special note of the 3 cyl engine. It is louder but not too loud like QD. It's quality is also much better then QD. I don't have experience with chip tunning but I did install a sports air filter. It makes no big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Old Wing Nut
24,309 Posts
Welcome to the family @Airspeed1974 !!! Where are you within these United States??

There is no "chip" for your bike, but the ECU can be tuned. Slip-ons will not require any tuning, but a full system with catalytic converter removed or exhaust valve removed etc, will.
ECU Studio seems to be the way to go for remapping.
Lots of discussions in the forum about that.
All bikes, regardless of brand or modifications (or none), can benefit from fine tuning to overcome the compromises required by emissions regulations for the manufacturers to get their products homologated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the family @Airspeed1974 !!! Where are you within these United States??

There is no "chip" for your bike, but the ECU can be tuned. Slip-ons will not require any tuning, but a full system with catalytic converter removed or exhaust valve removed etc, will.
ECU Studio seems to be the way to go for remapping.
Lots of discussions in the forum about that.
All bikes, regardless of brand or modifications (or none), can benefit from fine tuning to overcome the compromises required by emissions regulations for the manufacturers to get their products homologated.
thanks. I’m in Pennsylvania. I’ll look into the ECU. About the exhaust I mentioned, any experience with them?

·
Old Wing Nut
24,309 Posts
Sorry, I do not have any practical experience with triple exhaust systems, but there are lots of discussions with photos and even some sound clips. A little searching on the forum will reveal.
SC Project and Akrapovic are well known in the racing world.
Are you in eastern or western PA? We have some very active members in PA.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Also, '16 TV does not have an a butterfly valve in the exhaust system.

re: chip. this what you're thinking?
No experience with boosterplug.
But experience with a similar device on a different brand bike were not good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, '16 TV does not have an a butterfly valve in the exhaust system.

re: chip. this what you're thinking?
No experience with boosterplug.
But experience with a similar device on a different brand bike were not good.
I’m just gonna get an ECU tune

·
Registered
15 Posts
I do have the FM project on my TV2016, its louder in streets but sounds is really nice on the roads or highways, it does not require ECU changes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts