MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2014 MV Agusta F3 800 with 1550 miles. I've ridden it about 200 miles and now some issues have began for starters when the bike is cold it wont start, I'll have to cycle the fuel pump twice to get the bike to start. Second the bike has now began to over heat in stop and go traffic. The temp gauge slowly creeps up sitting at a light, but the fan never kicks on. And third on my way home tonight the headlight shut off when I switched from low to high beams and I could not get it to turn back on. I haven't check anything yet, I thought I would come here first and see if anyone else had these issues before I started taking things apart.

Thank you so much,
Nick

·
Registered
550 Posts
If it`s a dealer purchase, i would have them look at it.

Since you are here in this forum, you must have read that these things have their own issues.

The light issue is i believe a very easy thing to solve, but anything concerning starting with these, you better get it checked asap. Might be just a map update needed, but make sure you have the latest in there.

·
Wing Nut
21,595 Posts
Welcome to the family @Chsagusta !! Where are you in these United Sates??
Your bike has several service bulletins and map updates since it was introduced. You should check your VIN number with a dealer to see if it has had those things taken care of.
The B3 is not known for overheating. Do the fans ever come on? Overheating would be when the system starts spitting coolant out the overflow and the temp warning light comes on. Modern sport bikes run very hot and don't care much for sitting in traffic. Just having an elevated reading that goes back down once in motion is NOT overheating.
Try letting the bike sit at idle for a long time and see if the fans eventually cycle on as a test. If they do not and the bike does start to actually overheat then you need to diagnose why (open connector, failed temp sensor, etc).
Workshop Manuals are available form various sources. Do a search.
As for the headlight.... both beams out? Should be easy to sort, but not a problem that has been common.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the family @Chsagusta !! Where are you in these United Sates??
Your bike has several service bulletins and map updates since it was introduced. You should check your VIN number with a dealer to see if it has had those things taken care of.
The B3 is not known for overheating. Do the fans ever come on? Overheating would be when the system starts spitting coolant out the overflow and the temp warning light comes on. Modern sport bikes run very hot and don't care much for sitting in traffic. Just having an elevated reading that goes back down once in motion is NOT overheating.
Try letting the bike sit at idle for a long time and see if the fans eventually cycle on as a test. If they do not and the bike does start to actually overheat then you need to diagnose why (open connector, failed temp sensor, etc).
Workshop Manuals are available form various sources. Do a search.
As for the headlight.... both beams out? Should be easy to sort, but not a problem that has been common.
I'm from Charleston SC! After letting the bike idle in the garage the fan does kick on. It just seems the bike doesn't like stop and go like you said. As for the head light it was a blown fuse and both head lights work fine now. Thanks for the input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts