MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.. I am new MV Agusta owner. I just bought the F4 SPR #290 of 300. I am looking forward to discussing it further on here with everyone. I can tell MV is a limited market here in the US because there aren't many posts on here. I've been riding a Ducati 996 for the past 5 years, and I have to say that Tamburini designed bikes are the most beautiful. My SPR has the following upgrades:

MV magnesium wheels
MV magnesium swingarm
MV magnesium triple clamp
MV magnesium frame plates w/connecting rod
Red Alcantara seat
RG3 exhaust/midpipe w/ EEPROM

(I have all the stock pieces that were replaced with the mag stuff if anyone is interested.)

Nevermind the chicken strips, those will be gone soon.. And Yes, I know she's dirty, a good cleaning is in order this weekend.

Sorry for the size of these pics but it's late.. mozilla should auto size them.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Although i have never been a fan of the Mg gold, i think it looks pretty damn good with the flat black paint. One thing you have to do it get rid of those reflectors next to the rear tail lights, they only make the bike look dumb. Welcome to the board. How much would you sell the gray seat for?

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Wow! Impressive. Add those pictures to your registry submission :)

go to MV CP (top right after you log in next to the welcome msg), and edit your registry submission for your photos :)

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only needs paint

Will be looking good loose the rear mud guard and get some Red & Silver over the black primmer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MVF4 said:
Will be looking good loose the rear mud guard and get some Red & Silver over the black primmer.
Paint it red and silver? Is that a joke? As much as I love the color scheme that has been around since 2000 I would never want my bike to be like every other. That'd be like painting the new all black 999s RED just to match all the other bikes.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hey,
just want to ask, i have an Spr as well, just installed powercommander and BMC air filter, 13 tooth front sprocket. Want to know if i should remove the baffles from the stock pipes or just buy RG3's.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Im really looking forward to the comments re the removal of the baffels.
I have a set of RG3's at the dealers ready to fit at MV's first service, but with exchange rates, they are expensive.....I know the RG3 's are lighter, but are they really worth A$3500?

·
Registered
293 Posts
3500$ for a set of RG3??? I hope it's the Titanium F1 set instead of the RG3... If not you'd better order them from www.mvagusta-sp.com 1609$. If you've got an SPR you don't need the exaust outlet manifold, just the silencers.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
$A3500 not $US, so that sorta makes them $A2500, plus the mid pipe then fitting and associated adjustments, and a guess dealer mark up. So, not the titanium set

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful bike, I had to scroll left to right to see the whole bike! lol If you know how you should resize the pics to 640 x 480 or something so its easier and faster to view.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the interest.. I really have no idea what a fair price for the wheels is. The wheels have NEVER turned a mile on the street, the Mg wheels were put on when the bike has no miles. Right now they're a conversation piece in my bedroom w/ the stock swingarm and frame plates... The stock triple clamp is ugly as well as the exhaust. If I had a frame I could make a rolling chassis, that's make a really neat coffee table!

·
Registered
474 Posts
What's best way to contact you. Have sent PM and email, but zip.

Frame Plates? You want us to make offers then?

Cheers
Al

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Steptoe said:
What's best way to contact you. Have sent PM and email, but zip.

Frame Plates? You want us to make offers then?

Cheers
Al

Sorry.. I didn't see the PMs. I'll find out what's fair for these parts, my friend is doing an elaborate MV project so he's the expert on selling this stuff. I see you're in Sydney.. I spent a month there in May/June, it was amazing. I'm hoping to transfer my job to Chatswood or St. Leonards. :) I was there during the big State of Origin finale or something like that, good fun!

·
Registered
197 Posts
mv spr

nice bike rearview, howcome no rear hugger. how much were the mg bits and where did you buy them. i'm interested in your other bits if you'd like to email me [email protected]

·
Registered
197 Posts
mv spr

hi all. not too sure how to make a new post but i think this will fit in ok here. i have an evo3 750 with rg3 pipes and chip, but i still lust for an SPR. am i crazy! are they a whole lot better? and if they are howcome there still left unsold around the world?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Man, that is a nice look. As a fellow SPR owner (#184) I was not quite sure that the bike could be improved upon aesthetically. I think you have done it. Let me know what else you are planning to do to yours in the future as I would like to compare notes. The only thing I have done to mine so far is to put a smaller front sprocket on to make up for the tall gearing. It helped a little but I think I might go back. the bike seemed to ride better with the factory set up. Good luck and enjoy her; she is a beauty!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts