MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mouthwate

Just back from my dealer and I have to say the upgraded engine mapping has made such a difference to <4000rpm riding.

Not sure how many have reported back on this - but I'm super happy. Had a fantastic long ride yesterday with friends and when you open this baby up there's nothing like it.

One happy F3 rider!! :f4::f4::f4::drummer::drummer::drummer::smoking::smoking::smoking::naughty::naughty::naughty::yo::yo::yo:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
0406S045

Didn't hear about 47 - my dealer believes this is fully up to date.
If there is a 47 fine - but this update has made a real difference to the bike. Riding home through 15km of heavy rush hour traffic I really got to test the low end of the bike (which obviously isn't what it's designed for). I do hope that any critics try the F3 again with the updated software.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Has any seen a press report of a re-mapped bike?
I guess you could ask MCN to follow it up, that'd be interesting
:naughty:

I'm glad MV have sorted it out now, lets hope one of the mags will carry out a group test

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Don't believe this: MCN tomorrow: (Copy and Paste from MCN email I receive the night before it comes out)

The return of the MV Agusta F3
MV Agusta's F3 675 was billed as the most powerful, most advanced middleweight ever... but it was blighted by horrible fuelling. Now MV say it's fixed. But is it?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Don't believe this: MCN tomorrow: (Copy and Paste from MCN email I receive the night before it comes out)

The return of the MV Agusta F3
MV Agusta's F3 675 was billed as the most powerful, most advanced middleweight ever... but it was blighted by horrible fuelling. Now MV say it's fixed. But is it?
I'm away now to buy a copy for a read....thanks for posting..... The saga continues:)
Brian.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
No saga, the fueling is fixed. I picked up my new F3 last Friday ( second shipment with the 47 map) and have absolute no problem with fueling.

The quick shifter works perfect.

My exhaust was straight.

The F3 is NOT a Daytona and makes no apologies for it.

I'll type up my own impressions and pics with a comparison to my brothers 2011 Daytona.

F'ck MCN, they almost had me change my mind about getting an F3, now after riding it (and owning it), it's the most fun and enjoyable bike I've had. Shi* eating grin after every ride!

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
No saga, the fueling is fixed. I picked up my new F3 last Friday ( second shipment with the 47 map) and have absolute no problem with fueling.

My exhaust was straight.

I'll type up my own impressions and pics with a comparison to my brothers 2011 Daytona.

F'ck MCN, they almost had me change my mind about getting an F3, now after riding it (and owning it), it's the most fun and enjoyable bike I've had. Shi* eating grin after every ride!
I agree with you totally...The MCN saga I meant.
When/if 'they' say it's OK Then I guess it's safe to buy it...:)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

My exhaust was straight.

Bike in at the moment for first service and updates. You can knock MCN, but the bottom line is they were right. I had my doubts as to wherther to buy, but I'm sure glad I did. Just waiting for the sun to shine

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Well they sure seem to like it now. However 'still' prefer the Triumph Daytona for ..'' it's better ride quality and smoother, more flexible engine''.
On the fuelling though they were indeed right.
In the MCN article ..Marco Cassinelli (Chief of R&D at MV Agusta) said..
''Having looked deeply into the situation, we found a reasonable problem with the primary gear/clutch rubber cush-drive damper at low rpm-between 2000rpm to 4500rpm. This made us take the wrong direction in choosing the correct map for the engine. Now that we've solved the problem, we quickly managed to find an effective engine mapping''
''Like is often the case, when you find out what was the real problem, everything else becomes quite easy, but at the beginning it was very difficult to find out which way to go.''
''Now we're quite happy about the situation and we're working hard to fix all bikes with the minimum disturbance to our customers''.
Brian.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Just read the MCN article...................it's a good read and good test for MVF3, well done MV :drummer::drummer:

Just a bloody shame it wasn't right from the off

1 - 15 of 15 Posts