MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the sprag change again, and got more new maps. I was riding dow the highway at 80'ish with the flow of traffic and wanted to see how far I had gone on the tank. I noticed that the dash was showing trip 2 so I clicked on the down arrow that should give me trip 1. I've done this a million times, but this time the dash displayed "Speed Limiter ON" and the bike dropped to 40mph in a hurry. In the process of trying to turn it off I somehow scrolled away from it and couldn't find it again. Turned the bike off and back on, and it went back to normal.

WTH???? I go through those settings all the time and that one has never popped up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I have been through the menus on the bike a dozen times since I got home, and that setting is not available. Is it possible that US bikes aren't supposed to have it? I've had the bike for 9 months and a lot of miles and have never seen it.

This page of the online manual shows it, but following this exactly it's not on my bike,

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/804605/Mv-Agusta-Rivale-800.html?page=44#manual

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, went and found the info elsewhere.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nice one, I had a look yesterday on my Dragster (forgot to post) and it has this option, I'm in Europe though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same happen with me.......not sure why they design it this way....
I think that all B3 have this option ,I remember some guys complaining about it some months a go over here.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently you can only see it over a certain MPH. It seems to me that we would need to be able to set the speed without having to be actually rolling down the road.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I can see the option when the bike is not moving.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to the dealer and we went through every possible option and couldn't find it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Went to the dealer and we went through every possible option and couldn't find it.
Apologies, I've just gone out to the garage and checked and I don't see it at all either when the bike isn't moving.
I know I've seen it plenty of times so just assumed one of those times must have been at stand still.
Not sure at what speed it then shows as an option but I have definitely seen the speed limiter option many times.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That makes me feel less insane, thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts