MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:f4:we'll my Brutale had a map update and gear position sensor update today and it seems to have made a great bike even better, I had a Rivale throttle assembly fitted a couple weeks ago which made the throttle action a lot better IMHO. After the mapping update my great pillion and I went up through the Gold Coast hinterland for a ride the bike seemed to be a lot better coming off low RPM even the wise pillion:thewife: mentioned it so it has to be true. The combination of the map upgrade and heavier action throttle is a winner:f4: I love this beast even more I really find twisty section noticeably better , I really hope it's not a placebo effect. And I really appreciate Gold Coast MV more than helpful service.:blah::blah::blah:

·
Registered
48 Posts
:f4:we'll my Brutale had a map update and gear position sensor update today and it seems to have made a great bike even better, I had a Rivale throttle assembly fitted a couple weeks ago which made the throttle action a lot better IMHO. After the mapping update my great pillion and I went up through the Gold Coast hinterland for a ride the bike seemed to be a lot better coming off low RPM even the wise pillion:thewife: mentioned it so it has to be true. The combination of the map upgrade and heavier action throttle is a winner:f4: I love this beast even more I really find twisty section noticeably better , I really hope it's not a placebo effect. And I really appreciate Gold Coast MV more than helpful service.:blah::blah::blah:
How come did you get the new throttle? I only ask as mine was also swapped out due to my rbw throttle being faulty and adding an extra 1000rpm every now and then with out any imput from me.

I do feel it is heavier but it also doesn't seem to close as quickly as before so can give a feeling that it runs farther into the corners. Just a little adjustment on my part sorted, saying that I am not sure which I preferred.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I got the new throttle grip installed today as well as the new software for my f3. I don't trust the old RBW, that's why I got the new one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
How firm is the new throttle return spring, compared to the original one? Also, how much did you guys pay for the parts and installation.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Not alot firmer, but it does feel more solid (in my opinion). My old one had some free play.

The main reason I got the new one was I didn't want to take a chance with the old one leaving me stuck and unable to ride when I needed to most. Warranty would kick in, but then to wait for the part and having to get picked up from the side of the road was not worth it to me. They had one in stock and I took it.

Cost me about 100 euro if converted.

Installation is very basic.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not alot firmer, but it does feel more solid (in my opinion). My old one had some free play.

The main reason I got the new one was I didn't want to take a chance with the old one leaving me stuck and unable to ride when I needed to most. Warranty would kick in, but then to wait for the part and having to get picked up from the side of the road was not worth it to me. They had one in stock and I took it.

Cost me about 100 euro if converted.

Installation is very basic.

Thanks for the info. Other than the softness, I don't have any issues so I'll stick w/ the current throttle handle for now.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I've never had any issue with the lightness of the throttle, sure it felt different to the cable driven one on my old bike but I got used to it pretty quickly and don't even think about it now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The throttle is a little heavier and it to me has made it a little smoother from closed throttle perhaps Iam a bit hamfisted but I just felt a real disconnect with the lighter throttle spring and what's better it didn't set me back as I had warranty issues with the original! I really love my bike now the fuelling is pretty spot on!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to check out the Dragstar handlebars, top triple clamps and bar end mirrors and see what they are like if they are a better (more comfortable) set up I might be tempted to put them on the B3 not that I hate the standard setup but it's nice to be able to set it up to suit me better next step after that fork tweaks!

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
...I had a Rivale throttle assembly fitted a couple weeks ago which made the throttle action a lot better IMHO.
Explain this to me. What is the difference in the throttle assemblies?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kevin the original has a light spring the rivale has a spring that feels very similar to a "normal" throttle pull hope that helps it seems that is the only difference , go to a dealer and compare them you will notice the difference.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Interesting - thanks Fitz. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts