MV Agusta Forum banner

new lewis hamilton brutale or dragster. Kill me now

6K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  anothermvfanatic 
#1 ·
If it wasn't bad enough that the Lewis Hamilton has a 100k model f4 of his own
well low and behold the same ugly f4 has a new brutale or dragster (sorry i dont know which one)
in the same lovely fugly colour scheme

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Im still erked that this guy is worthy of a self titled MV
To me he is no Senna. To me he is not worthy. Just my opinion.
I am very erked of the price of the F4, as its price suggests he is more exclusive than the late great Claudio, so i hate to think of what this will be priced at

Reactions: gotfolk
#5 ·
Im still erked that this guy is worthy of a self titled MV
I first confess my liking of LH as a F1 driver.

However, my view is that he has no 'relationship' with MV Agusta after Mercedes-AMG interests were dissolved. Word is (and I think I heard it through this forum) is that LH has a 'friendship' with the Russian investor. For me, that is hardly a reason to give the LH name (and it's well-plastered all over the bike) to any MV.

'anothermvfanatic's' comment is more than credible: the LH naming does denigrate the great Claudio as well as 'his' bike. Surely, this is just a marketing ploy to extract maximum revenue from little value.

#4 ·
It's just exploiting the market and Giovanni's apparent man love for LH :rolleyes:

I personally don't like the colours or the plastering of the bike with references to LH, what's the connection other than him being appointed as MV Brand Ambassador, wouldn't have been my choice... I don't much care for the RC models either if the truth be told although they do, for those to whom it matters, connect with the racing heritage of the brand.

As they thought 44 was too few it looks with they're making 144 of these. Stands to reason that they won't be as exorbitantly over priced like the LH F4 then... but then again... we'll see.

#8 ·
#11 ·
look guys i normally would do this.
But as i am not a rich man, i was wondering if people could donate me a large sum of money. How much. Not sure. But alot.
I am desperate.
I would very much like to buy 88 MV Agustas. Coincidentally this happens to be the same amount of cough cough exclusive Lewis Hamilton Mvs released in the F4 and brutale versions.

I would like to set fire to them all. So no one will ever own them!

Anyone interested in donating will have an exclusive invite to the large bonfire, which will most likely be in Australia.

All donations can be made to this fund, care of:
fuckyoulewishamiltonyouraninsulttoourbelovedbrandandsonowimgoingtobuyallyourappartantlyexclusivebikessonoonewilleverhaveone

thanks in advance guys

#14 ·
Just say NO!!!...to this model MV whether it's an F or B! :barfalot:

Reactions: anothermvfanatic
#15 ·
haha!

Its not THAT bad guys seriously.

Frame might be better as metallic silver and matching metal flake silver wheels but c'mon, that deep red is nice
im already partial to that wheelset as best looking wheels ever (not color) and want a set on my f3.

#16 ·
Its not that bad, but I really dont get the appeal of buying a bike and paying a premium for someone elses name on it. Not really a fan of "limited editions" at all, unless they really are special in some way, offering more performance, not just a paint job.

If I want a custom paint job and a name on my bike, I could have my own done very nicely for £1500 :)

...to me there are few names worthy to go on an MV and one of those is Agostini :)

#18 ·
I understand the dislike of the Lewis Hamilton labeling, I mean who cares about him anyway. Having said that, I think the bike is really nice looking, too bad it is sold at such a premium because of the LH factor.

#20 ·
Celebrity sells. We all know that. Personally I wouldn't pay extra for any motorcycle with a 'celebrity' endorsement, but it would seem there are plenty of people out there who will.

#23 ·
but why does MV Agusta continue with the LH44 AFTER the Mercedes association is dissolved?
One word Nigel - Money!!!!

#27 · (Edited)
No. Love him or hate him Hamilton is a top F1 driver, but why would I or any other person with average earnings want to buy a bike with his endorsement on it?

I said earlier I wouldn't pay a premium and buy any bike with a celebrity connection, but I have to say if the late great Mike Hailwood was still around I might be tempted to buy a MV with connections to him. I really have no idea why even a Hamilton fan would want to pay so much for a MV with his name associated with it, but apparently they do so.:surprise:

#25 ·
Color scheme isn't bad, just the design is a tad too busy for me, it's confusing the beautiful lines of this machine rather than enhancing them. And the LH plastered everywhere bothers me, he's nowhere near a legend like Senna or Ago. These high priced bikes are for the Dubai market segment and other exotic locales where select individuals have more money than god and where flashy garage divas are the common thread for any powersport toys.

#28 ·
If Hamilton had won dozens of races on MVs, I could understand it, but it really is because he just likes MVs so its a celebrity endorsement like you have on watches, perfume or any other consumer goods.

I read elsewhere this week that a drummer from a rock band bought an Indian Scout Bobber and Indian are promoting it as cool because of that...whatever sells I guess

Are there a generation of young riders out there coming through, that will buy a bike because Lewis likes it ? ....I guess we will see with the sales figures :)

#32 · (Edited)
You could say the same about Senna. A top car racer, but never won anything on a bike (to the best of my knowledge anyway). I'm not sure if he was around when the Ducati Sennas were produced, but he had passed away before the MV Sennas were even thought of. At least some of the money from those bikes went to the Senna foundation to help street kids in Brazil.

#31 ·
Well, 'The_castle' has unconsciously offered an example of 'celebrity merchandising'.

I purchased one of those Lewis Hamilton Monster drinks SOLELY for the name and hopeful that it might become sought after. I don't even drink the stuff!

So, while you're all laughing at me, my point is that some people, as 'bogie' points out above, will buy a product just because of an endorsement. Sure, there's a difference between a can of fizz and a class motorcycle, but it's all in perspective.

As for 'John's' comment above, I would have no reservations at all in buying a 'Hailwood MV'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.