MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone recovered their Brutale seat? I find the vinyl covering a little uncomfy here in the Texas heat. Therefore, I am considering a redo in a matching red suede deerskin leather instead of the factory vinyl. It looks like I will have enough leather left over to do at least several seats. I will keep everyone posted. So far, the leather is going to run about $30.00 and Gilberto, my local uphostery guy, will charge me another $30-$40 or less to do the cover work. If I can get a red suede deeskin seat for less than $50.00, that will make me and my butt very happy. :naughty:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'll certainly buy the leftovers if there's enough for another seat. I used to do upholstery and recovering a Brutale seat will be easy.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
giomanach said:
I'll certainly buy the leftovers if there's enough for another seat. I used to do upholstery and recovering a Brutale seat will be easy.
I am currently bidding some deer skin leather that matches the red seat on a Brutale. It is suede on both sides and resembles what you see on the Senna or Tamburini. If I get it, there should be plenty for more than one seat. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the leather for the Brutale

I have purchased the suede deerskin. I will let you know how it looks when I receive it. Here is a pic of the leather. What do you think?

Attachments

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
if i ever have an unlucky enough day to run into one of those road rats, i'll take the damn thing and make a seat! :jsm:

maybe it will warn away other deer from coming out when i'm cruising through the woods..... :yo:

Looks good, man.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TokyoLunch said:
if i ever have an unlucky enough day to run into one of those road rats, i'll take the damn thing and make a seat! :jsm:

maybe it will warn away other deer from coming out when i'm cruising through the woods..... :yo:

Looks good, man.
I have had a deer T-bone me one night on my motorcycle and caused considerable damage. Fortunately, I only got a few scrapes. No sympathy for Bambi here. They do taste good though.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looks like enough material for both seats. How does it feel? Does it seem thick enough to hold up as upholstery? My one concern would be that if it gets rained on the seat will stay wet for a LONG time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
giomanach said:
Looks like enough material for both seats. How does it feel? Does it seem thick enough to hold up as upholstery? My one concern would be that if it gets rained on the seat will stay wet for a LONG time.
I just bought the material and I am still waiting delivery. I will see how it looks when I get it. I dont know if it would be any different than the leather on a Tamburini. I may be a good idea to do some type of water repellant like Scotch Guard to help shed moisture if required. I am hoping it will breath better than the stock vinyl.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I don't know about most seats, but I split a harley seat open once and inside it had a plastic lining covering the foam, which makes sense. Scotch guard is a good idea for the outside, but remove the seat to spray. I don't know if scotch guard feeds on bike lacquer/paint or not.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think deer is tasty and I with tokyo on this those bastard deer kill lots of people on four and two wheels in texas. Driving through the hill country at night all you see is there little blacks eyes reflecting light from the side of the road. I had deer horns on my RC under the intake. The like the color of the materal looks like it will make a good seat.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dearpixel said:
I don't know about most seats, but I split a harley seat open once and inside it had a plastic lining covering the foam, which makes sense. Scotch guard is a good idea for the outside, but remove the seat to spray. I don't know if scotch guard feeds on bike lacquer/paint or not.
I am considering placing a gel seat on top before I cover it in order to make it a little more comfy.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just did my Brutale seat in Alcantara, and love it. I did my F4 over a year ago, and even in the Florida sun and getting caught in the occasional thunderstorms, it's held up great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts