MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
It is a complete lock set that come's with 2 Keys and a new set of codes of course, from the factory in Italy to check the antenna you would have to open the dash would you not?
No, its 2 wires from the dash connector that route back to the head stock and finally appear to go into the ignition barrel . If these wires or the section in the ignition barrel is damaged then the Dash wont see the code from the key.

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
If it is similar to the Ducati antenna, it will be a wire pick-up that goes around the key barrell. It will probably be hard plastic. The manual does not show it. The wiring diagram does.

1.JPG

·
Registered
565 Posts
But, if the dash doesn't see the code from the key then why would it say 'correct' or start? The point of the code is that it must match what is in the key. Or is the PIN different from the RFID signal sends? Seems to me to be an issue of writing the code into memory which is voltage related.

I've seen my bike have difficulty holding settings for custom engine settings when the battery was low. In the summer with my lithium battery its not had an issue.

Either way, hope it gets resolved.

No, its 2 wires from the dash connector that route back to the head stock and finally appear to go into the ignition barrel . If these wires or the section in the ignition barrel is damaged then the Dash wont see the code from the key.

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
The PIN is there for when the key-to-bike communication is lost.

It is "proof of ownership" as only the owner would have access to this PIN.

If the PIN was communication dependent, then the initiating event, loss of communication, could never be overcome.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I still say, the MV specific scan tool is needed to reset the dash or ECU or what ever else needs immobilizer registration.

What I find interesting is the OP indicates that entering the "NEW PIN" (assume it came with the lock set) starts the bike.
Which, upon further thinking, kind of makes sense... I.E. the IG switch is damaged and can no longer function.
A new lock set is ordered and installed, but not by an MV dealer.

The new lock set comes with a PIN. That allows the bike to be started, by entering the "temporary" PIN that came with the parts.
This allows the owner to ride the bike to get back to the dealer. Who then marries the new lock set to the part of the bike that requests the PIN.

·
Registered
565 Posts
This is very likely

I still say, the MV specific scan tool is needed to reset the dash or ECU or what ever else needs immobilizer registration.

What I find interesting is the OP indicates that entering the "NEW PIN" (assume it came with the lock set) starts the bike.
Which, upon further thinking, kind of makes sense... I.E. the IG switch is damaged and can no longer function.
A new lock set is ordered and installed, but not by an MV dealer.

The new lock set comes with a PIN. That allows the bike to be started, by entering the "temporary" PIN that came with the parts.
This allows the owner to ride the bike to get back to the dealer. Who then marries the new lock set to the part of the bike that requests the PIN.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nope so far the dealer tried a second time by disconnecting the Battery they said and doing a reset, still no recognition of the key, still have to put the pin after turning the ignition on, he defiantly has the computer, and they said they needed both keys to do the job, where do you get these instructions from the factory how to install a new key set, he would have had to connect the antennae wires to the dash to do the job right? is there a schematic somewhere?

·
Registered
891 Posts
The procedure is in the latest edition manual for the TV, both adding a new key and also the replacement dash procedure.

Even though you have a completely new key set with new code card, I would try to add those new keys to the current dash just as if you were added information a replacement key. But I assume you will need to use your old card code not the new one.

The antenna is already connected to the dash. Like I say I've done this procedure on my F4 when I lost a key.

I'll send you the pages and document reference this afternoon UK time.

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
@DocTheRoadRat: First let me implore you to put your bike in you signature line as this will help those of us trying to help you. As a thread evolves, the year and model of bike are lost necessitating a search to figure out that key information....THIS IS FRUSTRATING.

That being said, again, attached is the diagram for your TV. Note that 62 is the antenna and 38 is the dash. The wiring is of the same color and is Brown with a Green stripe.

The manual has been made available through my dropbox at [email protected] and is also linked elsewhere in the TV section:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5g8vskzbrpjrl4/mvagusta_turismo_veloce_lusso_workshopmanual_ed2.pdf?dl=0

IN the manual you can find the pin-out for the dash.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, I am sorry, without wanting to interrupt but taking advantage of the fact that the subject is immobilizer I ask you the following: In case of changing the panel, putting a new one on the Brutale 1090 rr what is the procedure? Would you have to take it to the dealership or put the PIN code on the card? I have the original two keys.

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
@ANGELOMGR: If the procedure in the Turismo Veloce doesn't work to initialize your dash, then yes.

Of course you might want to have a dealer do the initialization just to be sure.

·
Registered
891 Posts
in theory, you can fit a new dash. The new dash is uncoded and needs to be coded to your ignition key etc. So you need your keys and your code card.

·
Registered
891 Posts
At home. The procedure is in the manual. No special tools, just Allen keys and spanners.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Tourismo Veloce was stolen the Ignition Key was damaged beyond repair so had to get new set, problem is now the New Code for the key wont stay in the memory, so I have to put the code in every time I start the bike at the moment, anyone have any ideas as how to fix this problem, the local mechanic at the dealers cannot do it and so I have the bike back from him He is trying to find out also???
@DocTheRoadRat I also have problems with the immobilizer, it is different from yours, in my case I changed the panel because it broke the screen, as the panel is coded the bike did not start, so I decided to take the screen (bought used on eBay) panel which I bought and put in the factory panel, even so the bike just starting out if I put the card code, every time I turn off the key this happens. I have been informed a lot about this subject but the information is very mismatched. I was told that this card code is only temporary, for an emergency and not to code keys or the panel, which only in the dealership can do the presentation between panel and keys. Correct me if I wrote something wrong and kindly let me know when you have solved your problem and what procedure you have done. I accept opinions ...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Be careful with comparing procedures for changing dash or key. Remember that you might be talking about different ecu’s, which might have different programming methods. e.g. the 1090 could have any one of 3 ecu’s.

I strongly suggest you put your bike model and manufacturing year in to your signature line.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts