MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new here. My name is Maarten and I live in Belgium. I do not own a MV at this time, I have a Honda Hornet 600, but soon enough I'll have my MV :).
I have one question at this time. In Belgium, most MV riders complain alot about the reliability of the MV F4. Most even got rid of the F4 because it spent more time at the dealer then on the road they say. When I searched around this forum I noticed most of you are really satisfied with the reliability of the F4. Is there a difference between the models sold in Europe and the US? Or are we in Europe just such a bunch of pussies that we start crying for the tiniest thing that goes wrong with our bike?

Grtz, Maarten

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
First, Welcome Aboard! You will learn a lot here, I certainly have.

With regard to the F4 in Belgium. Go to: www.1098-forum.com and look for "Pete". His avatar is the back of his neck with a tatoo that says La Vida Loca. He had an F4 and sold it to buy a 1098.
He may be able to give you some input.
He also ends his posts with Greetz. What is greetz?
He may even be a member here.

CAG

·
Registered
756 Posts
KMS143 said:
Hello,

I'm new here. My name is Maarten and I live in Belgium. I do not own a MV at this time, I have a Honda Hornet 600, but soon enough I'll have my MV :).
I have one question at this time. In Belgium, most MV riders complain alot about the reliability of the MV F4. Most even got rid of the F4 because it spent more time at the dealer then on the road they say. When I searched around this forum I noticed most of you are really satisfied with the reliability of the F4. Is there a difference between the models sold in Europe and the US? Or are we in Europe just such a bunch of pussies that we start crying for the tiniest thing that goes wrong with our bike?

Grtz, Maarten
MV is the same worldwide. There is no such thing as Black pussies or White pussies or even yellow pussies.

I have never in my life heard lots of problem coming from an MV. Its either this is rumours or there is a saying monkey see monkey do.....

False alarm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greetz is short for greetings wich is the same as regards I guess.

And I believe I know the Pete you mean. He is also member of the Belgian Hornets because his first bike was a Hornet. I already talked to him about the F4 and he had some serious bad luck with his F4. He had more than $5000 worth of repairs made within the first year, lucky for him within the warranty.

His experience with the F4 is one of the reasons why I asked if there was a difference between Europe and the US.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's another question I should ask according to a friend of mine. Are the MV's in the US put at full power or are they limited?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Welcome Maarten :smoking:

As far as i know MV's are pretty reliable bikes.

It seems Peet had some minor issues with his MV, but if i remember correctly they were all solved under warranty and were minor things.
The main reason for him to trade his F4 for the 1098S was fuel cosumption :wtf:

And if you compare the reliability of the F4 and the 1098 (at least the currents ones), then the MV wins hands down :smoking:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome,

I feel pretty confident about the F4 after looking around this forum and reading your reactions. Luck is always a factor when you buy a bike.

I love the 312R in Pearl white/Black

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome, besides the minor stalling issue ( I haven't had the chance to do the MVblogspot adjustments, so just living with it for now) I love my SPR.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi Maarten, welcome to MVagusta.net. I'm running my second F4 and I've found them to be very reliable. On a par with any Japanese bike I've owned over the last 30 years. You could also speak to Olivier (Olive) on this forum who lives in Belgium, he has a Brutale and also Rik (Maximum Velocity) who has a F41000 and lives in the Netherlands. Both those guys have a lot of experience with MV's and I'm sure would be happy to help you out and give advice. I don't see European MV's being any more or less reliable than those found in other parts of the globe. There will always be a few bikes that have more than their fair share of problems and early F4 750's had a few but these have been sorted out now and a late model 750 or any F41000 is a pretty reliable machine IMO. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks alot for you help John,

I'll contact those guys and see what they have to say. You've all got me convinced that the MV F4 doesn't just look awesome but is a great bike too. My next bike is definitely going to be a F4, as long as they don't change the looks too much.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
KMS143 said:
My next bike is definitely going to be a F4, as long as they don't change the looks too much.
I do not think that you need to worry much about this...according to MV they will not do the same "mistake" that Ducati did by replacing the 916 with the 999. In other words...they will refine the F4 over the coming years without changing the design...

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I have have more many problems with my 03 R6 than my Senna 1000, there were a few factory recalls and repairs(coils 2x, kick stands, etc...) for the R6, and since I got my Senna, I have not had any problems, not even a stall, and that's my experience

1 - 14 of 14 Posts