MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't currently own an MV. However, I am considering a 2014 Brutale 800. I am coming from a Streetfighter 848. The only problem that I would like some advice on is, there are no longer any active dealers in Utah as far as I can tell. My big question is, would you buy an MV if the closest current dealer is about 6 hours away? Any help you can give me in this matter would be great. Thank you all.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Welcome aboard. Read the forum threads relating to the MV triples, and you can get a sense of what issues are common.
One warning, if you ride one, you will be taking one home.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read through a lot. I know the common issues and then some. I have been lurking for quite a while now. Just haven't felt satisfied on the information reguarding my question. My question is for opinions based on, would you buy one knowing you are alone in maintaining the bike? The Brutale is the reason I wanted a motorcycle. However, I am in college and can't be too risky with my money, just a little ricky. One of the reasons I am looking at another bike over the Ducati, is I can get the Brutale for less than what I owe on the Ducacti. Thank you again for any answers given. I am new but trying to further educate myself.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
How close is the Duke dealer in comparison? My mv dealer although excellent was 240 miles and a good 3 1/2-4 hours to get there. I switched to a closer dealer that I heard rumours were closing and I then sold up

I'll have another mv tomorrow and only changed as I want more than an 800 can offer but mine was pretty much issue free

However the drive to the dealer was a pain... No two ways about it. Just being as honest as I can

·
Registered
833 Posts
I do all my own work as it'll be a cold day in hell when I let any dealer touch it. They're a pretty easy bike to work on, plus you have this forum for help. The nearest dealer to me is apparently 5 hours away but I've never visited. Most internet parts suppliers are a lot cheaper than the official Aussie dealers even given shipping costs. So if your reasonably confident with tools, no problems.

Cheers

Deano

1 - 5 of 5 Posts