MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually get a new one about once every two years... I really wanted an OGK but they are pricey and the parts are hard to get. Not to mention I can't try one on. So I went with the HJC FS-15 in Carbon. BEAUTIFUL lid... its light as a feather.. the interior is fantastic... just as nice as my Suomy Extreme liner. Great looking lid. Also has pinlocks... kinda like tear-offs (I love tear-offs) but better. And for 300 bones! Woooo!

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/hjc/fs-15/

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Nice lid!
My one and only helmet is about 3 years old now
I think it's time to start looking for another one :mouthwate

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

But with my own words... And of course the black will be just carbon.

I ALLLMOST with with another Suomy (below) but I really like the feel of the HJC!

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Funny you put the picture of that Suomy....I was looking at it
the other day, but something is just a little off with the design, so I kept looking.

I think your idea will turn out great, definitely post up pics of the finished product :koolaid:

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
I usually get a new one about once every two years... I really wanted an OGK but they are pricey and the parts are hard to get. Not to mention I can't try one on. So I went with the HJC FS-15 in Carbon. BEAUTIFUL lid... its light as a feather.. the interior is fantastic... just as nice as my Suomy Extreme liner. Great looking lid. Also has pinlocks... kinda like tear-offs (I love tear-offs) but better. And for 300 bones! Woooo!

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/hjc/fs-15/
nice looking lid

really hate the visor set up though, the small plastic tab which is on the inside of the visor, that conects it is very easily broken and once gone you have to replace the whole visor. I also like how the description says:- "Putting it back in is maybe a hair trickier", bloody right its trickier!!!!!!

apart from my above little whinge, it is one sure good looking lid, congrats.:yo:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree the Suomy design is good... but its not amazing.

Yeah that little tab is kind of a pain but a lot of my other helmet visors have little quirks and are a pain too. I actually dont plan on changing visors very often because it has that pinlock thing (or whatever its called). I just put in a tinted one during the day... then if I get caught out too late I can just pull it out and put it in my bag or bike. Much better than getting stuck out with a tinted visor at night... I hate that!

Goes on the inside and is also anti-fog :) I LOOOVE tear-offs but most helmets dont use them... this is pretty much the same thing so I am pretty excited to try it out. I like the idea of it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I love Suomy's. The visor changing process can be a little tricky - I remember sitting there like wtf how do I put this visor back in!! - but once you get the hang of it the 1st few times, it's not bad at all. I can swap visors in about 30 secs now. You can buy a couple of them, so you'll never have to change the visor at all!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I was pretty good with my Suomy after a few tries... I generally just used a car key to pop the little sides off. I have heard people have a problem with the little plastic pieces breaking though. I never had that problem. I loved my Suomy too! Unfortunately it got taken out in a 130mph crash haha.

I plan on buying a few of the pinlock things yeah :) I might change the visor once a month or so just to clean it really well. Now I need it to get WARM! its about 45 outside... Its starting to warm up though.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yeah I was pretty good with my Suomy after a few tries... I generally just used a car key to pop the little sides off. I have heard people have a problem with the little plastic pieces breaking though. I never had that problem. I loved my Suomy too! Unfortunately it got taken out in a 130mph crash haha.

I plan on buying a few of the pinlock things yeah :) I might change the visor once a month or so just to clean it really well. Now I need it to get WARM! its about 45 outside... Its starting to warm up though.
Hey glad you're ok and here to tell us about i! :yo: Well, at least we know today's modern helmets work :jsm:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've been looking for a while, the one i'm using is a cheap x helmet. i thought i'll get AGV rossi ( too bright) i end up with arai corsair v, just waiting for the right weather. i hope i pick the right one....

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I should post some pics of what sliding in pea gravel at that speed did to my Suomy... I never did find the visor it got ripped off in the crash!

That Arai is sexy! I still want my OGK FF5 Scream in white...

I would have gotten it but I just dont feel like dumping that much on a new lid right now...

·
Administrator
18,847 Posts
I'm very happy with Bell Star.......very light, great aerodynamics, easiest face shield I have ever changed, best ventilation of any helmet I have worn. Plus it came with a really nice carry bag and alternate size cheek pads. Bell is back.

Only dilemma is limited color design choice.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I thought about what to get for a new helmet for several weeks and finally pulled the trigger .... an Arai RX-7 for $399, free shipping. I like the KR JR graphics as well.

I was REALLY tempted to buy a closeout (for change of graphics) Bell Star at $300, but the color scheme I wanted was sold out in my size.

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
i used ogk here in the uk for years lovely lids but did find them quite noisy

the tear offs are a way better deal than carrying 2 visors and you can buy a pack of 5 in what ever tints you want

i'm now using an aria rrx7 corse air
don't like it that much but lovel the paint scheme

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That Arai is a very nice looking lid!

I have not gotten to use my new helmet much yet... its been winter! Booo! I have managed to put about 100 miles with it though. So far its been really nice. I have a few complaints but they are pretty minor.

In cold weather it fogs up really really easily. I think the pinlock visor will solve that.

And... there is not enough padding in the chin strap... In my opinion anyway.

I am sure it will be much better in warm weather I can't wait!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a Bell Star in flat black now and love it but when I had my 1098S Tricolore I had a carbon HJC AC-12, previous model of yours and had some pain done to it to match the bike. Good luck with it, it looks very good!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts