MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share this wee success story with you as it’s not often you hear positive feedback from your dealer…….Last year in October, I went for a run with a colleague (for the Thistle Munchers…Strathdon, Cock Bridge up and over the Lecht to Tomintool, some great roads ). We stopped at a small café for a coffee, when we returned to the bikes we noticed that my headlight glass was cracked and broken…..! :wtf: I had to remove half the glass, surprised it never fell off prior to stopping! I genuinely believe, nothing hit the headlight. I was in front all the time (Ducati behind me…J:f4:) It wasn’t a bird either, I’m sure I would have noticed that as well. When I returned back home, I had a closer look and could not see any clear signs of an object hitting the glass, or any signs of impact…….I contacted the dealer that I bought the bike from, Paul Glassup from Robinsons of Rochdale, who said he would contact MotoGB and get back to me…..A couple of weeks later, I went to the MV factory :)(and Milian show..:mouthwate) with some other proud owners of the new Brutales, some MV dealers and some Moto GB staff. I told the same story to one of the MotoGB guys and suggested there was a flaw in my headlight as I was sure nothing hit the headlight. He checked with the MV factory staff, who said no other cases concerning the headlights had been reported and said they would not replace the headlight and a new one would cost me £750…….!!! :jerkoff:.......:violin:.....:bawling:
In the evening, while we were having our meal…..and a few glasses of Italy’s best red….I mentioned the story to Steve Oliver, top man for MotoGB….! He said not to worry, he’ll get it sorted….:drummer:

On returning back from the Milan show, I contact Paul from Robinsons, who followed up with MotoGB. I had to take some pictures of the headlight and send them off for closer inspection. As a result, I received a complete new headlight unit last night (It took 3 months, however worth the wait, plus the bike is off the road due to typical Scottish winter weather)
A big thank you to Paul from Robinsons and Steve, MotoGB Manager…….
Looking forward to some good weather now and racking up some more miles.....with a headlight....:)

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
shake, rattle and oops

Thought I would share this wee success story with you as it’s not often you hear positive feedback from your dealer…….Last year in October, I went for a run with a colleague (for the Thistle Munchers…Strathdon, Cock Bridge up and over the Lecht to Tomintool, some great roads ). We stopped at a small café for a coffee, when we returned to the bikes we noticed that my headlight glass was cracked and broken…..! :wtf: I had to remove half the glass, surprised it never fell off prior to stopping! I genuinely believe, nothing hit the headlight. I was in front all the time (Ducati behind me…J:f4:) It wasn’t a bird either, I’m sure I would have noticed that as well. When I returned back home, I had a closer look and could not see any clear signs of an object hitting the glass, or any signs of impact…….I contacted the dealer that I bought the bike from, Paul Glassup from Robinsons of Rochdale, who said he would contact MotoGB and get back to me…..A couple of weeks later, I went to the MV factory :)(and Milian show..:mouthwate) with some other proud owners of the new Brutales, some MV dealers and some Moto GB staff. I told the same story to one of the MotoGB guys and suggested there was a flaw in my headlight as I was sure nothing hit the headlight. He checked with the MV factory staff, who said no other cases concerning the headlights had been reported and said they would not replace the headlight and a new one would cost me £750…….!!! :jerkoff:.......:violin:.....:bawling:
In the evening, while we were having our meal…..and a few glasses of Italy’s best red….I mentioned the story to Steve Oliver, top man for MotoGB….! He said not to worry, he’ll get it sorted….:drummer:

On returning back from the Milan show, I contact Paul from Robinsons, who followed up with MotoGB. I had to take some pictures of the headlight and send them off for closer inspection. As a result, I received a complete new headlight unit last night (It took 3 months, however worth the wait, plus the bike is off the road due to typical Scottish winter weather)
Looking forward to some good weather now and racking up some more miles.....with a headlight....:)
Glad you got that sorted.

My friends Brutale glass fell out on a ride. I understand this is a design feature :stickpoke

The fix is a judicious application of Duct tape..I'm kidding you not. !They simply are not held in effectively. Your's probably rattled itself to bits !

I'd love to visit the MV production facility..great experience for you..

joe :smoking:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Joe, when we were at the factory, the MotoGB guy challenged the guy about my headlight, who point blank, said there were no faults with the headlight....If a stone or bird had hit the headlight on the ride, I would not have raised the issue....there were no signs of any stone hitting the glass either (had to take a heap of photo's as proof...!)
The Factory visit was an experience, although it only lasted about an hour. There were loads of sections they would not show us....and we were NOT aloud to take any pictures...understandable....!

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Hi Joe, when we were at the factory, the MotoGB guy challenged the guy about my headlight, who point blank, said there were no faults with the headlight....If a stone or bird had hit the headlight on the ride, I would not have raised the issue....there were no signs of any stone hitting the glass either (had to take a heap of photo's as proof...!)
The Factory visit was an experience, although it only lasted about an hour. There were loads of sections they would not show us....and we were NOT aloud to take any pictures...understandable....!
My friends headlight glass dropped out. Its a Brutale 1078 2009. He put in a warranty claim and they accepted it. It is a known issue.

I'd reccomend you to give some serious thought to protecting your glass from dropping out.

cheers

joe

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
On my Brutale, I pulled off the glass with hands, it goes of pretty easy and then put it back in place with new adhesive that is used to install mirrors on walls and alike.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The earlier Brutes used to drop their glass at the drop of a hat but haven't seen or heard this happening on the 990/1090s - almost sounds like they are attached too well now and break the glass from stress :wtf:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup....I'm pretty sure that's what happened to mine...stress...!

Any ideas for a head light protector?

The earlier Brutes used to drop their glass at the drop of a hat but haven't seen or heard this happening on the 990/1090s - almost sounds like they are attached too well now and break the glass from stress :wtf:

·
Registered
132 Posts

Good to hear you got that sorted mate. I have had to speak to Steve Oliver from MotGB about a paint chip in my tank where a faulty seat staple has caused the damage and the seat was replaced under warrenty. I first repoted this approx 4 months ago, a week after I got the bike and it's still not sorted, last I heard MV refused the warrenty claim for a new tank and MotoGB were going to re submit the claim with more info for the factory.

I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow for an update on the second claim.

As far as I am concerned the replacement seat is an admission of guilt ( my solicitor is in agreement ) but no one at MotoGB or MV is willing to take reponsibilty or ownership of the problem and deal with it.

My dealer has been great about it, keeping me up to date with what is happening etc I have no complaint with him and feel for the guy because he is doing his best but is being let down by MV and MotoGB, I recently spoke with him to explain that after 4 months of ownership this has still not been sorted and if after 5 it still hasn't I will be returning the bike for a full refund under the Sale of goods act which I will be claiming from MV or MotoGB. Thats why I have spoken with my solicitor I'm not sure which is responsible and thats what he is looking into.

All in All I'm a very unhappy customer of MotoGb and MV at the minute. I love this bike to bits and really don't want to have to hand it back but I had a lot of problems with KTM and very poor service from them and as such I am not going to put up with poor service again for the sake of a bike I love. The hassel and stress ain't worth it after all I ride bikes for the joy they bring not the stress.

If this was a Jap bike this would have been fixed within a week or max of 2 if they had to wait on the replacement part.

Depending on tomorrows update from my dealer there will be a very strong e-mail going to both MotoGB and MV stating my intentions to return the bike and claim the full refund under the sale of goods act.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If this was a Jap bike this would have been fixed within a week or max of 2 if they had to wait on the replacement part.
just not true. I've had more trouble with warranty issues with Yamaha than I've ever had with Ducati or MV.
And if you think that's bad try dealing with BMW... :wtf:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I recall my headlight glass came off pretty easily on my 750 Brutale. Sounds like other owners had the same problem, as I have seen many posts. since my local dealer had extra headlights in stock, I speculate that dealers know about the problem as well. I'm surprised that MV didn't fess up. (but then again, mfg'ers are required to implement countermeasure plans if they admit this type of problem. In my view it is serious enough to lead to a safetly recall--very expensive for MV!)

For my headlight, it looked like a typical human error during the assembly process. My glass came off easily because the adhesive didn't stick to the plastic housing very well. Perhaps the headlight supplier put too much mold release agent used for injection-moded ABS parts and/or fogot to clean the gooves before finaly assy. I fixed the problem by simply cleaning and degreasiing both parts, and applied a liberal amount of clear automotive grade silicone adhesive, then let it cure overnight. In the US, you can just buy stuff like this in any auto parts store (or event at the Home Depot)

As an extra insurance measure, I put some clear duct tape around the seams. Yes, it's ugly, but you won't notice a week later. Besides, it would suck much more if I lose the glass in a middle of nowhere, after dusk.

Regarding newer models, did MV add a mechanical fastner to the new models?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The glass in my head light never fell out......it crack half way across the lens. I'll check out the new headlight though...!
O-Mac, hopefully you'll get a result from MotoGB. These things always take ages to be resolved which is frustrating to say the least.....My dealer did tell me, if MotoGB did not replace the headlight, then the garage would pay for a new one and send it up to me....!
Good luck and keep us all posted on how you get on.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
brutale headlight glass

i was towing my 2006 910s up to northern georgia, usa, and at a rest stop i noticed my headlight glass was missing. to my amazement, there it sat, on the floor of the open bike trailer! and it was undamaged! i bought a roll of clear packing tape and taped the hell out of the light until i could get info and supplies to fix it. i ended up using a high strength waterproof silicon to reattach it. so far (2 years), no problem. i would recommend to anyone with a brutale to be proactive to prevent this from happening to them; either by taping the glass to the base (nasty), to run a supplemental bead of silicon around where the glass meets the plastic, or removing and reattaching the glass properly.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The glass in my head light never fell out......it crack half way across the lens. I'll check out the new headlight though...!
O-Mac, hopefully you'll get a result from MotoGB. These things always take ages to be resolved which is frustrating to say the least.....My dealer did tell me, if MotoGB did not replace the headlight, then the garage would pay for a new one and send it up to me....!
Good luck and keep us all posted on how you get on.....
Spoke with my dealer today and was told that it's between MotoGb and MV. MotoGB have again re submitted the calim 3rd time. My dealer has said he is willing to pay for a repair to the paint as he doesn't want to loose me as a customer.

Again my dealer has been ace about all this but I really am pissed off with MV and MotoGB. You would think that someone buying a top of the range bike would mean better service but hey lesson learnt.

I once had suzuki replace a tank on a second hand bike for nowt outwith warranty within 3 days as they said it wouldn't have been fair for me to sort because the paint shouldn't have fadded like it did. Now thats service that I miss.

·
Registered
217 Posts
folks, what's everyone using to "re-glue" their headlight? I got some "GE" silicone sealant (from Home Depot) after much hemming and hawwing, but now I'm not quite sure it's "strong" enough?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I put a thin bead of silicone on mine and popped it back in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts