·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Talk about culture shock.....

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think culture shock will very much depend on your age. Lots of us have been waiting for this.

No exhaust heat and pipe routing. No cat. No valve adjustments. No oil changes. No emissions testing, clogged injectors, malfunctioning butterfly valves, or fouled plugs.

Sounds just about like heaven.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
I think culture shock will very much depend on your age. Lots of us have been waiting for this.

No exhaust heat and pipe routing. No cat. No valve adjustments. No oil changes. No emissions testing, clogged injectors, malfunctioning butterfly valves, or fouled plugs.

Sounds just about like heaven.
No functional range. No "fueling" infrastructure.

Internal combustion is heaven. This is not the viable future yet.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I just don't know about an electric Harley. It seems to divergent from their grassroots. Now the Mission is an electric bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Old Wing Nut
22,155 Posts
Interesting....very interesting.

This to go with their new "small" bikes....

If any company can make an electric bike sell it will be the marketing genius of Harley-Davidson. I notice the image provoked in those "Scarlet" shots of the tight black clothing and weapons !!! Sex and Guns.....that's right up the Harley owner's imaginary life style alley.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Surprised but interesting. I like the Lightning myself. We'll see how far this one goes.

Meanwhile, a couple of questions...

Do they offer a boom box option to make the potato-potato-potato sound?

Since an electric motor doesn't vibrate very much, how are they're going to get things to fall off so they can keep their sales of spare parts at a high level?

As it's so high-tech, will there be an "auto-revving throttle" for those times when the bike is stopped or will the rider still have to do this himself?

If there is an auto rev feature, will it sense the absence of bystanders and defeat the throttle revving to save energy when there is no one there to notice?

Will there be an accessory line of clothes more in keeping with the (potentially) new audience? Assless spandex, perhaps?

Seriously, though, folks, this should be interesting.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Surprised but interesting. I like the Lightning myself. We'll see how far this one goes.

Meanwhile, a couple of questions...

Do they offer a boom box option to make the potato-potato-potato sound?

Since an electric motor doesn't vibrate very much, how are they're going to get things to fall off so they can keep their sales of spare parts at a high level?

As it's so high-tech, will there be an "auto-revving throttle" for those times when the bike is stopped or will the rider still have to do this himself?

If there is an auto rev feature, will it sense the absence of bystanders and defeat the throttle revving to save energy when there is no one there to notice?

Will there be an accessory line of clothes more in keeping with the (potentially) new audience? Assless spandex, perhaps?

Seriously, though, folks, this should be interesting.
I usually end up pissing myself laughing at your Harley-Davidson posts emmvee. Another good one. Alternative clothing line! :laughing:
In all seriousness though, Harley riders are the biggest brand whores in the world.

I watched the reveal video this morning and all I can really say is Meh. I think that most people that buy Harleys won't dig this motorcycle.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
I usually end up pissing myself laughing at your Harley-Davidson posts emmvee. Another good one. Alternative clothing line! :laughing:
In all seriousness though, Harley riders are the biggest brand whores in the world.

I watched the reveal video this morning and all I can really say is Meh. I think that most people that buy Harleys won't dig this motorcycle.
I'm a brand whore. For many brands.

image.jpg

What's a many-brand whore actually called?

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
No functional range. No "fueling" infrastructure.

Internal combustion is heaven. This is not the viable future yet.
Ya... I'm sure the makers of buggies said about the same thing. I also seem to remember an old newspaper article saying that trains would never be anything but a fad because they went too fast and the noise would kill people. Also, people would never be able to fly in space because rockets would have nothing for the rocket exhaust to push against. Also also we'll never be able to fly faster than sound!

:conveyer:

You do realize, Veltro, that there are, at this very moment, factories producing both electric cars AND factories producing electric motorcycles? That actually run well. We even have computers on our desks that don't take up entire city blocks and also, they have no relays in them. Lalala. I LOVE living in the future.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Purrrhaps then that Harley-Davidson will get new customers that WILL "dig" this motorcycle. :stickpoke

1 - 20 of 176 Posts