MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member on this board, I've been searching for a good forum on MVs, and this is by far the best I've seen yet, and I hope it grows and grows.

I wasn't going to join, but the sheer friendliness displayed actually wanting new people to join is fantastic! Especially one post about people without MVs, who want one.

I, sadly am one of those people. I'm in love with the SPR, and there is one new one left at a shop near where I work. Apparrently it is one of 2 new ones left in Australia. It's too bad I don't have the money, or I'd buy it, even without a license. You see I haven't even got a license, nor started riding, I've a long way to go. By the time I come to upgrade to an MV there won't be an SPR left new, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal, I'll probably enjoy the easier riding of the 1000 over the more race-oriented 750 in the SPR, and the red and silver is still very very sexy, not to mention less worrying about ruining a special edition if something went wrong.

I'm a guy who likes stock performance bikes. The R1, I love it in stock form, the undertail exhaust fits, unlike aftermarket cans, I like the "stuck on to make it road legal" look of the indicators on it, etc, etc. The same goes for the MV, but it is more refined anyway. I don't see a point in upgrading brake levers, etc, even if it gives better braking, I probably won't use the stock hardware to its extremes, but I'll enjoy myself. Not to mention that I've noticed I can do more with less than most people.

I've noticed this forum doesn't have the bitching, elitist attitude that a lot of forums do, and I hope it stays that way!

I look forward to learning more on MV, and hopefully one day being able to park one outside at work, on the days that the Fatboy or 69 Mustang sportsroof isn't there. (gotta work on those dreams too)

Cheers,

Brad

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Welcome to the board, glad you decided to join. this is not one of the best MV forums, i think it is the best! but that is JMO. Welcome aboard! :king:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Welcome! No worries, we were all in your shoes at one point in time. I remember lusting over an MV and realizing I'd never get one. Sometimes things just work out...

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Great to see a new name on the board. Hope to hear your view's whether you actually have a MV or not! and of course.... Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
well, you'll be in good company when you get one. aussieland seems to have 50% of the MV's on the planet. :laughing:

·
Registered
438 Posts
welcome! this is a great site indeed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
style_one said:
well, you'll be in good company when you get one. aussieland seems to have 50% of the MV's on the planet. :laughing:
Yeh I've noticed there are a lot of us on here, specifically from Bris and the Gold Coast.

A little more about me: I'm 24 now, been a member of a the Sports Shooters Association of Australia for a couple of years now, been doing pistol comps. I've only got a 22 at the moment, it's a Kimber rimfire, I'd like to move up to some "real" guns, but I'm in no great rush, however the Sig P226 X-5 looks very nice, and would go well in action shooting.

I spent my childhood in a town with about 1500 people (Cooktown), moved to a bigger city with about 150 000 (Cairns) when I was 14, finished high-school and then moved to Brisbane on my 18th birthday to do uni, finished with a degree in IT - majoring in Software Engineering and Computing Science, and a degree in Science majoring in Physical Mathematics, and I now work as a CAD/CAM Programmer for a laser cutter.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Welcome..... I didn't get my first MV till I was 42, guess you don't want to hear that tho :laughing:

keep saving and stop drinking..... :laughing: only kidding :king:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers guys! Oh and Juan, I only drink a beer or two every couple of months, depending on whether we help out a customer in dire need or not. And anyway, it's free then so I guess it doesn't matter how much I drink? :laughing:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Firepath said:
Yeh I've noticed there are a lot of us on here, specifically from Bris and the Gold Coast.

A little more about me: I'm 24 now, been a member of a the Sports Shooters Association of Australia for a couple of years now, been doing pistol comps. I've only got a 22 at the moment, it's a Kimber rimfire, I'd like to move up to some "real" guns, but I'm in no great rush, however the Sig P226 X-5 looks very nice, and would go well in action shooting.

I spent my childhood in a town with about 1500 people (Cooktown), moved to a bigger city with about 150 000 (Cairns) when I was 14, finished high-school and then moved to Brisbane on my 18th birthday to do uni, finished with a degree in IT - majoring in Software Engineering and Computing Science, and a degree in Science majoring in Physical Mathematics, and I now work as a CAD/CAM Programmer for a laser cutter.
Please post your bio at the member bio thread...

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=952&page=1&pp=10

wow, nice, an Australian shooter! I have been a shooting fanatic for the past 20 years also, mainly tactical stuff..

Sig Sauer P226 is a great gun... the only thing that is a bit more problematic is the double action 1st shot just means that you have to be trained properly with 2 different trigger pulls, and the harder and longer pull is the one shot that is the most important, the first shot(in tactical shooting at least). Personally I use Glock 21. it is a fantastic tool.

we are getting off topic, we should chat by private messaging, I will send you a PM.

Welcome!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome Firepath. Don't worry about missing the boat on the 750, any MV you get will be great. :smoking: :smoking:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
odonata said:
Please post your bio at the member bio thread...

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=952&page=1&pp=10

wow, nice, an Australian shooter! I have been a shooting fanatic for the past 20 years also, mainly tactical stuff..

Sig Sauer P226 is a great gun... the only thing that is a bit more problematic is the double action 1st shot just means that you have to be trained properly with 2 different trigger pulls, and the harder and longer pull is the one shot that is the most important, the first shot(in tactical shooting at least). Personally I use Glock 21. it is a fantastic tool.

we are getting off topic, we should chat by private messaging, I will send you a PM.

Welcome!
Yeh apparently the X-5 IS a single action only variant. You see the problem with getting good pistols here (for competition use) is that semi-autos need to meet requirements that a lot of them don't. (max 10 rounds, 5 inch barrel)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Welcome Firepath - I was going to say that if you have had a car license for 5 years, you could (in NSW, maybe other States too) go to an unrestricted bike licence one you pass your bike test - then I saw you are only 20 something..... too bad, as the thing I was talking about only applies if you are at least 30.

Still, starting your riding career on an SPR (or any powerful bike) if probably a good way to kill yourself. Look on the bright side, 3 years is not that long, and you can get somehting like a Ducati Monster 620 in the meantime.... :) :) :) :)

cheers
Doc

1 - 20 of 37 Posts