MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I’d start a new thread, I’ve been a member since purchasing my 2013 f3 years ago and have since just kinda lurked around and did some reading and researching

now I’ve purchased a 2005 f4, and will be doing the same, reading, looking for parts , asking questions etc etc

here’s a few pictures
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Grille

Automotive lighting Product Sports equipment Automotive tire Automotive design

Thus far after the purchase and looking the bike over, I’ve gone ahead and ordered a jet prime water pump, radiator bracket from joe, integrated taillight, some maintenance stuff, and the biggest purchase that I’m excited about is a full titanium bodis exhaust. Soon I’m gonna purchase some samco hoses and then start taking things about and do the maintenance and install all parts that have been ordered.

I think in the near future will be a microtech, some new rear sets, I will be putting on new tires, possibly a Mitch hub when I do some new sprockets and chain.
This is definitely gonna be a fun winter project and I can’t wait to start riding it next year. This will probably be my street bike and I think I’m gonna turn my f3 into a dedicated track bike

cheers everyone!!!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Welcome sir! Beautiful F4! Enjoy your winter customizing 8)

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
After all these years, that rear end shot with the 4 round pipes still gets my attention!
welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
it’s gonna be a nice winter for you! Seems snow is falling!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow. What a day to pick up a new MV ! Love the colour combo. Bit like my own Brutale - black with red frame and wheels. Really nice. Still think those earlier F4s look the business.

Welcome to the site.

Dave

·
Registered
103 Posts
congratulations brother! Looks like it is in very nice shape minus that rear tire. Get that thing inside before it gets frostbite!

·
Old Wing Nut
23,338 Posts
Snow flying about !!! Nice looking bike, but I'm not keen on the red rear wheel....but that's just me.
If you are installing full Bodis then go ahead and talk with Chris about a Microtec (before he closes shop!!) ....you're going to need it. The stock ECU isn't going to play well with that exhaust.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, currently trying to find a place that actually has the samco hoses in stock before I start tearing this thing down. I too am not a fan of the red wheel, previous owner painted it without taking the wheel off 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ So when I put new tires on, the red paint will deff be gone hahahah

esq’zme…. That’s the concern of mine with the bodis exhaust but I spoke with eric at gpracing and he ran his for years with no microtech but I wanna be able to have full control and get my radiator fan coming on earlier, I’m actually curious bc I saw at evolutionbike that they have an auto tune available with the microtech so that could be a route as well

muttz….. the f3 was a fun bike, kinda glitchy at times, delt with the throttle fault coming on, or dealing with the exhaust valve randomly closing etc. I felt it needed a steering damper, but if I’m gonna turn it into a track bike, then all those things will be addressed with a new computer. But for me, I just want to put track body work on, mess with suspension, install aftermarket rearsets and updated quick shifting sensor and damper and then be done with it. Handling I felt was good but could be better, brakes were good… so it should be a very fun bike to really start riding.

Ive only had it on the track once thus far in its present state, I did a track day at barber Motorsports, it took some getting used to since I haven’t been on a track in years but the feeling was coming back to me so hopefully more fun come next year

·
Old Wing Nut
23,338 Posts
I have auto tune with my Microtec on my SPR F4... talk to Chris at X-Bikes. You will not be disappointed. Best money I have ever spent on any bike.

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
I was about to recommend Alex at site sponsor MyGp. BUT only in red and blue colors for the hose kit are in stock.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just curious. Can you get regular, non-silicone hoses any where?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nice buy. The front end has been upgraded, those radial brembos are not original for 2005.

·
Vendor
5,750 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
My hub is a good choice for piece of mind.
Wait till you fit the Samco hoses.You will think why did I ever decide to do this.
Don't ask me how I know.;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the forum.
My hub is a good choice for piece of mind.
Wait till you fit the Samco hoses.You will think why did I ever decide to do this.
Don't ask me how I know.;)
Lol is it gonna be a pain the ass?? After working on bmws for 13yrs and now Audis for almost 3 yrs, I’m used to tight fitment and removing five million things just to get to one thing and over all pain in the ass stuff hahaha

I was about to recommend Alex at site sponsor MyGp. BUT only in red and blue colors for the hose kit are in stock.
does he sell the samco hoses? I’m perfectly fine with the red hoses, that’s what I’ve been searching for… I can’t seem to find the site sponsored stuff to contact this Alex person

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here ya go...

ahh yes that’s where I ordered all my other parts from, but when you click on red hoses, it’s ten day back order, meaning Alex has to order the parts first. But what’s kinda nice, for that price it also comes with the stainless clamps. If I couldn’t find them anywhere else, I was gonna email Alex and have him add those to my order

·
Old Wing Nut
23,338 Posts
Alex is a good guy ..... but he is no longer an official sponsor so he has no thread in the Vendor area.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts