MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start off with a thank you for all the previous posts about the F3, and now time for the Questions..

Just bought a new to me 2015 F3 800, and it is well equipped. Some of the mods i like, other things i will swap to other parts.. As of right now the bike is a red/silver EAS.

Puig double bubble windscreen - I like
Some kind of gold adjustable levers-tacky coming off
Gold rizoma metal grips-tacky coming off
Gold TWM gas filler cap- not sure i will keep
CNC sprocket cover in gold-not sure i will keep
CNC frame plugs and bolt kit in gold-not sure i will keep
Lightech rearsets- will keep
FM slip on exhaust-will keep
Ohlins damper kit-will keep
some type of tail tiddy0 getting rid of for a different brand
Some carbon fiber here and there, I like.

Not saying anything is wrong with the brakes, and i hear great things about them, but have a spare brembo 19 RCS i plan on installing along with the mathcing clutch lever set up.
Will add more carbon fiber.
Hear the wheels and front rotors are actually pretty heavy, hoping to do some research into this. if someone has weights that would be awesome.
Looking to Track & street ride this girl and might go ahead and make it a show and Lust machine like some of my old bikes.

What options are there for a new rear shock? being the bike has ABS, it seems it limits some of the normal options.. not interested in respringing, and revalving the stocker.

·
Administrator
18,853 Posts
Welcome to the family !! Nice choice of bikes. I gather it had a bit of gold bling??? Can't blame you for the deletes, but some folk like that stuff. You may find takers if you post it for sale.
Wheels are not as heavy as some other brands, but lighter is always better. BST can fix you up if you have the resources ($$$).

As for the shock, ABS has nothing to do with suspension. Research Ohlins offerings...there are others as well.

How about some photos of your new mistress?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Congratulations on the bike, and welcome to the forum. I believe in the case of the F3 abs does affect shock choice with some brands, becuase of the location of the control unit. Make sure you specify abs before purchasing.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have just fitted Brembo 19RCS and Brembo HPK Cable Clutch Perch and leaver, I got mine through Reactive Parts (HPK Cable Perch) and Carpimoto (19RCS)

All an all very pretty pleased with the upgrade

·
Registered
390 Posts
As above fitted Brembo RCS M/C & matching Clutch Perch.
Also Ohlins TTX rear shock
As with other brands make sure you state you have ABS when ordereing as they make for bikes with and without it.

Check out my bike with ohlins shock fitted on Thread Show off your F3 page 159

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the input.
It originally caught my eye on the Ohlins shock, where it said NON ABS. Going to go ahead and ride the bike knowing at a minimum I need to respring the bike.
After looking at the picture again for sure most of the gold parts need to come off. LOL

At least the guy used CNC parts, and not some cheap china ebay stuff.

·
Administrator
18,853 Posts
Congratulations on the bike, and welcome to the forum. I believe in the case of the F3 abs does affect shock choice with some brands, becuase of the location of the control unit. Make sure you specify abs before purchasing.
Ahhh...I didn't know the ABS unit might interfere with shock location. Packaging is so tight on bikes these days. Living and learning. Thanks for the lesson.:wink2:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got any pictures of this magnificent machine?

Here is what the dealer sent me... to much gold for my taste.. So the CNC stuff will be coming off, and getting black titanium.. But will be powder coating the wheels gold most likely.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Got any pictures of this magnificent machine?

Here is what the dealer sent me... to much gold for my taste.. So the CNC stuff will be coming off, and getting black titanium.. But will be powder coating the wheels gold most likely.[/QUOTE

Looks like a few nice goodies!! FM Exhaust, lightech rearset, Ohlin steer damper... But that gold... What were they thinking?

I have Oro gold wheels and frame plate on my F3 look great and I get lots of complement about it

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is what the dealer sent me... to much gold for my taste.. So the CNC stuff will be coming off, and getting black titanium.. But will be powder coating the wheels gold most likely.[/QUOTE

Looks like a few nice goodies!! FM Exhaust, lightech rearset, Ohlin steer damper... But that gold... What were they thinking?

I have Oro gold wheels and frame plate on my F3 look great and I get lots of complement about it
Indeed, will be swapping that stuff out for the same black titanium hardware i have on my Panigale... will either powder coat the engine protection and sprocket cover, or replace with rizoma stuff in black.. But will powder coat the wheels in Gold, as it should of been.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just received the bike today from the shipper, and she looks to have arrived no issues.
Right off the bat, i noticed the brake lever was about as squishy as they come, but figured i would give her a little test ride.

No major surprises, fueling felt like a stock bike (this bike has a AFM Slip on), will be putting in a DNA Air filter this weekend.
Bike felt well balanced, even with the springs not being suitable for my weight.
The front brakes need bleeding BIGTIME, didn't chance any kind of braking as the lever was pulling back to the bar.. Will be swapping on a Brembo 19RCS master so not to concerned... more than likely needs bleeding and that's it.
Seating position felt a bit more IN the bike compared to my daytona & panigale, so something new..

Really looking forward to getting seat time on the bike and enjoying her on the street and track... Not sure how to say this but the bike is NO triumph sounding triple... kinda sad about that.. Oh well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice looking bike with some nice goodies on it already. Good idea on ditching the gold though... Funny that, I love the gold wheels/swingarm on the ORO, but those gold accents from the PO are a bit much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts