MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First bike 450 Ducati in late '70's - have been riding Italian bikes since. Looking to move my MG Stelvio for the TV Lusso.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Hi plip, and welcome to the fold.

I remember those 450s. A friend had one, fibreglass tank in metalflake silver. Nice to look at; bastard to start!

·
Vendor
5,157 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow Aussie.
My friend also had one of those 450's and it was a bitch to start as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah kick starting the 450 single was a definite procedure. there was no decompression lever. had to get TDC just right on compression. loved the start up noise with a squirt from the dellorto - usually started first time.

·
Administrator
18,841 Posts
Welcome to the family !!!! Go get your MV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking forward to my first MVA - somebody beat me to a dealer used Lusso SCS (in Perth). Only had 1,000kms.
Guess that's one good thing about buying from dealers - they'll deliver anywhere in Oz and pay the freight.
Hoping this is my 3rd post all good ? ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
soon to own MVA - thanks for welcome

looking forward to riding the TV Lusso - I am an old fart so my days of clip-ons & rear sets are over. Hence the upright style of the TV - can't wait. Bit of research re the SCS option and of course save a few more pennies! Cheers :smile2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome from Arnie

Welcome to the forum from another newbie. 450 Ducatis bring back memories from my student days. While I didn't have one I did have a GT750 which also required a process to start unless it was in tune and hot and then it started with barely a touch of your foot. Vary embarrassing if you stalled it at traffic lights. :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts