MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to be starting on the wrong foot as all vehicles can use TLC. My brand new F4 is truly amazing, in every way. Does anyone know where I can get the MV accessories in the U.S. without having to wait forever?

Just thought I share some minor things that I've found while still prepping her for her first ride. 1. the battery charge connector cable under the passenger seat for the battery tender have one side of the connector body defective as the red wire will not stay locked in the connector body. These are GM type water pack connectors used throughout the bike. I fixed it myself using industrial adhesive to lock the pin in. 2. fuel tank fairing left side looser than front. Fixed again with 3M trim tape for a tighter fit. 3. Careful putting that back seat back on as the metal tabs can scratch the fairing paint. Get the seat as parallel to the tail as possible while sliding it towards the back to latch. I put 3M paint protection film behind the driver seat on the fairing to protect. 4. the '14 model doesn't come with tank protector pad so I used paint protection film in that area as well until I come across the F4 tank pad.
I also noticed that there is no top radiator guard and have that on order. I really think it is foolish to have a radiator unprotected behind that sticky front tire. I ordered the COX version.
Bike is beautiful and I'm prepping her for a long healthy life.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congratulations! Share some pics.

Not to be starting on the wrong foot as all vehicles can use TLC. My brand new F4 is truly amazing, in every way. Does anyone know where I can get the MV accessories in the U.S. without having to wait forever?

Just thought I share some minor things that I've found while still prepping her for her first ride. 1. the battery charge connector cable under the passenger seat for the battery tender have one side of the connector body defective as the red wire will not stay locked in the connector body. These are GM type water pack connectors used throughout the bike. I fixed it myself using industrial adhesive to lock the pin in. 2. fuel tank fairing left side looser than front. Fixed again with 3M trim tape for a tighter fit. 3. Careful putting that back seat back on as the metal tabs can scratch the fairing paint. Get the seat as parallel to the tail as possible while sliding it towards the back to latch. I put 3M paint protection film behind the driver seat on the fairing to protect. 4. the '14 model doesn't come with tank protector pad so I used paint protection film in that area as well until I come across the F4 tank pad.
I also noticed that there is no top radiator guard and have that on order. I really think it is foolish to have a radiator unprotected behind that sticky front tire. I ordered the COX version.

·
Vendor
5,281 Posts

Good advice there and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
924 Posts

Your making me think your bike is taped together:laughing:
Nice to hear yours is in such caring hands, hope she gives you lots of joy!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Danke Danke. I'll get some picks up as soon as I get her out of the garage and onto some pretty scenery, although I can't think of any scenery prettier than the F4 at the moment :^).

·
Super Moderator
22,092 Posts
Fragile, welcome.

Where in this world are you?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Just updated my signature. In Los Angeles, north.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, I will most certainly check out the sponsors.
***Right now I am planning on a tankpad and recovering a couple of missing items, including the spark plug socket (is this specific or will any 16mm socket do for the plugs??). I was also shortchanged the document holder that is part of the original kit (is it worth $16 ??). Any info appreciated as I was simply going to order these as I got a great deal already for the bike, I don't want to burn any bridges.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I was also shortchanged the document holder that is part of the original kit (is it worth $16 ??). Any info appreciated as I was simply going to order these as I got a great deal already for the bike, I don't want to burn any bridges.
The document holder that I got is a thing of beauty, (well worth 16 bucks) It has the owners manual, spare keys, quick manual, some MV stickers. I can't remember what else.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the welcome kit, but the document holder is separate, along with the tool kit and spark plug wrench Its like an envelope with MV logo supposed to go in the boot of the bike to hold registration, etc, but there is no space because I have ABS unit there. I got the tool kit however and that is worth over $129. Thanks.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Love the key fob in genuine leather, not many companies do genuine leather fobs anymore.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the forum Fragile. I have a 2014 F4 ABS and have the some of your minor issues… but looking at it makes me forget about all of them.

The document holder is not worth $16. There is no place for it. I keep my registration with the tool kit…and even that is tight.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Well then I guess I didn't get one either. I keep the registration/insurance in my wallet. The radar detector barely fits under the seat as it is.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the COX oil cooler guard and installed it. Tight as heck fit. My fairing leading edge lost a little alignment but that is ok, small price for the peace of mind protection. The coolant reservoir drain tube pushes the driver right fairing out a bit from its wrap around the radiator (this was mentioned elsewhere). I may try to tinker with it for re-routing but I think its fine the way it is until the fairing alignment bothers me enough.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
all in all the bike is so beautiful, I plan to use only as a weekend/ backup. The Duc is the daily driver with miles racking up. I gave the F4RR a shakedown run the other day and its a real joy. Feels great and is easier to tool around a lower speed than Panigale which is a monster in its own right, ultra loud and just wants to devour everything around it the moment you set off.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
more

f4pub2.jpg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts