MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to say hi - I just sold my 2003 R6 and upgraded to a 2001 MV Agusta F4s - I am definately happier than a pig in sh*t!

Way more upgrade than I expected. Unbelievable pc of machinery.

What should I look for? Anything I need to check? What type of maintainance needs to be done on this to keep it looking and running great?

It has 10,000 miles on it.

F4.jpg

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Good-luck and enjoy. Be safe; 750 cc is plenty of power both on the street and track.

I'm not in love with the red wheels.

Peter

·
Premium Member
13,695 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard!

Nose around here a bit, you will get a feel for what improvements you can make.

Just follow the recommended service schedule in the owners manual.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome and I know that MV that is from New Jersey. How much you got it for. Almost bought that one but he won't budge on price and I end up getting a better one with less miles 2002 with full Ohlins suspension too.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Congrats on your aquisition! Welcome to the addiction of fine Italian art! I would look for some silver paint to put over the red wheels...but that is just me. Just make sure you have your maintenance records in line, do a filter and oil change if you can't determine when the last one was done, and when problems come up handle them. The guys on here are a fantastic lot and will help you through 99% of what you could encounter...there is always that 1% of wierd outlandish stuff that noone has heard of happening before.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Congratulations on your MV!!! :highclap:
I really like the star wheels and the red centers make it stand out and look more unique. I really like the polished rims.....very nice touch.

Take your time settling in to the beast as it will be quite different to the R6.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your Motorcycle art. Let the fun begin!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'd like to say hi - I just sold my 2003 R6 and upgraded to a 2001 MV Agusta F4s - I am definately happier than a pig in sh*t!

Way more upgrade than I expected. Unbelievable pc of machinery.

What should I look for? Anything I need to check? What type of maintainance needs to be done on this to keep it looking and running great?

It has 10,000 miles on it.
Welcome to the forum. :)

I would suggest checking the wheel bearings as they tend to wear out and can let go, and monitor your running temps for overheating, but there is a water pump / impeller upgrade kit available from MV if it does run hot. As others have said, make sure your servicing is up to date (valve clearances etc), and apart from that: just enjoy the ride! :smoking:

:f4:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
no need for worrying about temps and water pump upgrades and such with the 750. i've only come close once and that was 100deg day in a traffic jam.

don't be afraid to wring it's neck...it is a treat. :king:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
that's a nice looking bike. If it's been serviced you should be ok. Take your time and don't rush into any purchases. Learn the bike and keep up with this forum. You'll learn a lot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for your kind welcoming comments. I am settling into her nicely. She is a beast and it is such a pleasure to not have to tap dance on the shifter. It's taking some time to get used to knowing I have the power needed by twisting the throttle a quarter turn without shifting. Unbelievable.

My temps seem to be stable - even on the 90 degree day running it pretty hard. Never thought the sweet spot would be so high on the gauge. She loves to rev......

I was told she had a complete service....I've added 800 miles in 3 rides and willl be doing an oil and filter at 1000 miles just to be sure, although the oil looks clean.

carbonf4 - checked bearings all seem tight...I'll keep an eye on em...Thanks

bobbyangeles - paid $9900 - and I'm a very satisfied customer! :yo:

adamv1000 - send me some info on the pipes - is that a complete set up or just a slip on? The pipes I have read "Arrow RG3" on them...how can I tell if the is a complete set up or just a slip on?
I'm eager to learn :mouthwate

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
from your pic it looks like you have the full system. a 4-2-1-2. if your header pipes have cross pipes connecting 1-2 and 3-4 soon after the exhaust ports, then its a full system for sure.

·
Registered
385 Posts
That is a full system I have seen this bike in person. It's a beauty. He also have a nice VW convertible same color. BTW you also in Jersey?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
from your pic it looks like you have the full system. a 4-2-1-2. if your header pipes have cross pipes connecting 1-2 and 3-4 soon after the exhaust ports, then its a full system for sure.
He did mention a full exhaust with a chip and an upgrade to the suspensions and brakes.

I will have some time tomorrow to go over the bike some to become more mechanically familiar with it.

Any help on how to find the chip? is there a intake upgrade? how bought brakes and suspension?

Thanks for the tips on the exhaust...I'll get back with what I find

1 - 20 of 31 Posts